Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Motors app V3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how to get this issue out there.

My new app (Tesla Motors V3 running on an iPhone 7) connects via wifi to my Model S. It retrieves all info for the various screens but I cannot use controls (horn, lights..) these buttons are greyed out. The app gathers the interior temp on the climate screen but greys out the TURN ON button and the adjustable temp arrows. On the summon screen it connects to the car and using the Homelink button in the top right corner I can open and close the garage door all other buttons greyed. I have done all the usual restarts and actually deleted the app from the iphone and reloaded from the App Store.
Any ideas?

CharlesP

My new app (Tesla Motors V3 running on an iPhone 7) connects via wifi to my Model S. It retrieves all info for the various screens but I cannot use controls (horn, lights..) these buttons are greyed out. The app gathers the interior temp on the climate screen but greys out the TURN ON button and the adjustable temp arrows. On the summon screen it connects to the car and using the Homelink button in the top right corner I can open and close the garage door all other buttons greyed. I have done all the usual restarts and actually deleted the app from the iphone and reloaded from the App Store.
Any ideas?

CharlesP

I have the same problem on Android. Screen also does not show green indicators, grey only.
Screenshot_20170309-050942.png
Give me back the one that works. This is not indicative of TESLA quality control. The designer needs to go and work at VW. "If it ain't broke, don't break it."
Also key fob no longer controls SUMMON feature for Model X. Disappointing.

Any ideas?

CharlesP

Any ideas?

CharlesP