Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Mud Flaps???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DrModi

Model S LR 21’
Jul 13, 2021
Holbrook, NY
I just noticed that the Model S mud flaps are back in stock on the Tesla website. Can anyone confirm if these are the same ones that they released previously and had the height issue or is this is an improved design? Based on the product photo, they appear the same…

Last edited:
I trimmed 20mm off each before installing. Measured points from the bottom, drew and line across and household scissors cut right through them.

After having them on for a week and 800 miles, they have scraped on certain curbs and speedbumps. I am always in low except a few cases where it autoraises. Really no big deal on the scrape - showing no damage.

They definitely have added protection.

Reactions: DrModi
You can try these from AY customs. Tesla Model 3 Real Carbon Fiber Mud Flaps - Set of 4
Too expensive for me so I decided to make my own. No drilling. 3M adhesive and push pin. Real carbon fiber.
2022-06-25 13_35_31-Phone Link.png
2022-06-25 13_35_04-Phone Link.png
2022-06-25 13_35_58-Phone Link.png

I agree - used the stock Tesla front flaps - they fit better than any others. Rubber extension, just trimmed 3/4" off as I run the S in low and they were about 1/2" from the flat ground. These will help save the side of the car, even if wrapped.