Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla (MY) Owner: What Fit & Finish Issues to Look for During Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there team. I will be (hopefully) accepting delivery of my first Tesla vehicle, a Model Y, this Sunday. I have no clue what to look for regarding fit and finish issues (what counts as a panel gap or misalignment?). Which issues can be fixed easily and which are big enough of an issue that I should return the vehicle to Tesla? What issues have you had with your car upon delivery? Thank you so much for your input. I want to be aware of what to look for/educate myself.

We just picked up our MY this afternoon in Carlsbad, CA. Finally Tesla (at least Carlsbad Delivery Center) is doing something right. With all the horror stories with fit and finish issues, along with various alignment issues, we showed up with the full expectation that we may have to refuse delivery.

However that was not to be.

The Model Y was PERFECT. We even printed out and brought with us the Checklist that I found on this Forum. We did not find a single issue.

I asked one of the Technicians there why I did not find any problems. He told me that each new car is carefully inspected when they arrive on the truck. Any issues they find are then corrected right there in their shop. On the day of delivery they carefully wash and detail every car before the appointment time so it is ready for the new owner. They also charge up each car to between 80% and 90% so the new owners are ready for whatever drive they have ahead of them. Ours was at 86% when we left for home.

Today was a TOTALLY AWESOME day. My wife is VERY, VERY happy, so that makes me happy. I had expected to have to drive "MY Graffi" home while she drove "Tessi". However, after we set up the Driver profiles, first me, then her, she decided that she would drive MY Graffi home and I was stuck with the MS, Tessi.

Reactions: Roebearr