Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla? Nope, never again! Cherry Hill Tesla the worst.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are superior in technology, and speed...That is where it ends.
When I was looking for another car, I traded in my BMW for a Tesla...The sales people left me waiting in their showroom for over an hour past my appointment time...
Now that I own one, here is a list of issues from my first service appt...
If you are looking at a Tesla, and are shopping for other premium cars...take heed.
1) Their service is not nearly on par with a 60, 70 or 100 thousand dollar price tag. As with BMW, Porsche etc.
2) They try their best to isolate service department from consumers, leading to miscommunication, dropped services and lack of information. I drove over an hour and found out they were not prepared to do all of my services I signed for.
3) They will promise you a loaner, than get you an Uber...Yes, This really happened, then they stuck me with the bill!
4) I called Tesla in Califonia, regarding my issues, and they would not hear what I have to say, instead, they forward me right back to the dealer I had issues. Where their employees could not care less. After over 2 weeks without any resolution to my issues, or even a "let us help you out", I called...Emily listened to me (the 5th person I told), and her reply was "I can't help you, I am in sales".
5) Try and use their scheduling app. Most information does not get to the service department.
6) At Cherry Hill Tesla, you can speak to sales, not service, who then spins the conversation, until you hang up! (multiple events of this)
7) The service center at Cherry Hill damaged my steering wheel!

I have nothing to add and can not offer any help. All I can say is "frustration sucks!!!!!".

But at least you have a forum here where others have shared your pain and you are not alone.

I don't even own one yet, but I know a day will come when I'm floating in your boat.

Hope it all works out for you !!

• Disagree
Reactions: jboles
When I was looking for another car, I traded in my BMW for a Tesla...The sales people left me waiting in their showroom for over an hour past my appointment time...
If you are looking at a Tesla, and are shopping for other premium cars...take heed.
1) Their service is not nearly on par with a 60, 70 or 100 thousand dollar price tag. As with BMW, Porsche etc.
2) They try their best to isolate service department from consumers, leading to miscommunication, dropped services and lack of information. I drove over an hour and found out they were not prepared to do all of my services I signed for.
3) They will promise you a loaner, than get you an Uber...Yes, This really happened, then they stuck me with the bill!
4) I called Tesla in Califonia, regarding my issues, and they would not hear what I have to say, instead, they forward me right back to the dealer I had issues. Where their employees could not care less. After over 2 weeks without any resolution to my issues, or even a "let us help you out", I called...Emily listened to me (the 5th person I told), and her reply was "I can't help you, I am in sales".
5) Try and use their scheduling app. Most information does not get to the service department.
6) At Cherry Hill Tesla, you can speak to sales, not service, who then spins the conversation, until you hang up! (multiple events of this)
Sorry that you had that experience there. I’ve only been to that location so I can’t objectively compare them with other locations. However; in my opinion, based upon other posts in this forum I wouldn’t say they’re the “worst.” Here’s my delivery experience from a year ago:
NJ Cherry Hill Delivery-mixed feelings

I have a BMW now, and was about to pull the trigger last night. For service do they not have a specific loaner program? I use my car for work and can't be without a vehicle. BMW and Mercedes are great with their loaners. I'm also not far away from you, and possibly would have to go here to take delivery. What were the service issues being addressed? I've been told by my advisor after expressing concern about quality, that most of what we've heard about is in the past.

To the poster above...service is part of the package. Lexus, BMW and Mercedes wouldn't have exploded in sales the past 20 years without a distinct differentiation between the brands. I would say a majority of the customers feel like they are getting total value.

Last edited:
I have a BMW now, and was about to pull the trigger last night. For service do they not have a specific loaner program? I use my car for work and can't be without a vehicle. BMW and Mercedes are great with their loaners. I'm also not far away from you, and possibly would have to go here to take delivery. What were the service issues being addressed? I've been told by my advisor after expressing concern about quality, that most of what we've heard about is in the past.

My understanding is each service center capacity varies. My SC in Portland has always given me a higher end Model S while they have worked on my Model 3.

I HIGHLY recommend Devon SC. They are excellent. Same distance.

That indeed sounds like a frustrating story; sorry. I wish Tesla would get this sorted out.

But I would like to point out that the service centers seem to have a LOT of independence. (Way too much IMO). I have always gotten good service in my area (it used to be fantastic; now it's just good). I know that doesn't help you, but it might help others on the fence about buying one. It depends on where you are...

And, yeah, as mentioned above most of my Teslas over the last 10 years just haven't gone in much - mostly for summer/winter tire swaps (you can go to a regular tire shop for that) and for annual maintenance (which Tesla recommends far less frequently now).

I took my Model X for its two-year annual service about 2 weeks ago. I was able to get an appointment (for a very non-critical maintenance) within a week, and when I arrived they helped me as soon as I walked in. Everybody was friendly and professional. I got a Tesla loaner, and my X was ready when promised. They did a great job on the service, and fixed the yellow border on the screen while they were at it (I didn't even know they had a machine for that), and also replaced some pieces when I mentioned a creak that had just started a couple of days before the appointment. The only problem was that they didn't fix the acceleration shudder, but their policy is to test drive it themselves first and now parts are on order so that should happen soon.

To the poster above...service is part of the package. Lexus, BMW and Mercedes wouldn't have exploded in sales the past 20 years without a distinct differentiation between the brands. I would say a majority of the customers feel like they are getting total value.
Yoda... They promised me a Loaner, then did not come through..The service issues not addressed were wheel repair, instead "Wrong day for the wheel repair, he comes on Wednesday"..I had to purchase a new wheel...anyone want a new wheel? Plus the 30.00 Lyft fee..

That indeed sounds like a frustrating story; sorry. I wish Tesla would get this sorted out.

But I would like to point out that the service centers seem to have a LOT of independence. (Way too much IMO). I have always gotten good service in my area (it used to be fantastic; now it's just good). I know that doesn't help you, but it might help others on the fence about buying one. It depends on where you are...

And, yeah, as mentioned above most of my Teslas over the last 10 years just haven't gone in much - mostly for summer/winter tire swaps (you can go to a regular tire shop for that) and for annual maintenance (which Tesla recommends far less frequently now).

I took my Model X for an annual service about 2 weeks ago. I was able to get an appointment (for a very non-critical maintenance appointment) within a week, and when I arrived they helped me as soon as I walked in. Everybody was friendly and professional. I got a Tesla loaner, and my X was ready when promised. They did a great job on the service, and fixed the yellow border on the screen while they were at it (I didn't even know they had a machine for that), and also replaced some pieces when I mentioned a creak that had just started a couple of days before the appointment. The only problem was that they didn't fix the acceleration shudder, but their policy is to test drive it themselves first and now parts are on order so that should happen soon.
Cool Chad S..wish I had your service center here!