Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Owner - and Dashcam Viewer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I am the proud owner of a new Model S LR - first Tesla, first EV of any kind. I've had the car for about a week now, and so far absolutely love it.
I'm still trying to get used to the interface and the myriad of options, settings etc. But last night my car updated the software to 2021.32.10, and now the Dashcam Viewer says "dashcam viewer currently unavailable". I haven't checked in a few days, but before the update it was working, albeit it only by launching with voice command. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have refreshed 21 MS LR and I occasionally get this error as well while the car is parked. removing/inserting drive didn't work, I had to re-format it. It sucks that this is unreliable.

If I hadn't checked, I would be driving around with false sense of security thinking sentry mode is still recording all events. This is the reason, I am looking to add BlackVue but trying to figure out how to hardwire it as refreshed MS doesn't have OBD2 port like my 2016 MS.

I also just got my MSLR and the dashcam viewer wasn't working. I did reformat the drive, remove the drive, even tried a different drive with no luck. Finally did the double-button reset as suggested above and had to remove and insert the drive after that to get it to work. Thanks to whoever figured out the reset/remove sequence.

Reactions: P=I*V
I also just got my MSLR and the dashcam viewer wasn't working. I did reformat the drive, remove the drive, even tried a different drive with no luck. Finally did the double-button reset as suggested above and had to remove and insert the drive after that to get it to work. Thanks to whoever figured out the reset/remove sequence.
Glad it worked! I haven’t had any issues since - hope you don’t either.

Reactions: mincher
The car updated to 2021.48 last night and the dashcam viewer not working again. I did the 2 button reset and removed/inserted card to no avail. I erased the drive again and it says no videos now. We will see if it records something now.

I am having the issue where I think the LED landscaping lights are causing it to constantly record too. I wonder if it reset during a record and left the drive in a bad state.

Im going to check the drive if it happens again.

The car updated to 2021.48 last night and the dashcam viewer not working again. I did the 2 button reset and removed/inserted card to no avail. I erased the drive again and it says no videos now. We will see if it records something now.

I am having the issue where I think the LED landscaping lights are causing it to constantly record too. I wonder if it reset during a record and left the drive in a bad state.

Im going to check the drive if it happens again.
Update here... somehow I thought it was updated... Pilot error. It was still on .40 and I couldn't get it to record again. Just this evening I updated it to .44 and couldn't get it to work. I did the 2-button reset and inserted/removed the card. I was able to hit record and record an event and view it. Hoping it stick this time but nothing in the release notes to let me believe they fixed anything.

Reactions: P=I*V