Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Owner Experiance - Louisiana

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man! That is wishful thinking ... The remoteness of service is in reality a much bigger issue than charging facilities, but people don't think about that ... There is no independent network for repair. Tesla service centers is all you got ... Think about that long and hard ...

If the Tesla was my only car, I would NOT own one. I am expecting issues. If I used any logic at all regarding this purchase, I would not have bought it. I cringe at the thought of servicing this car ... even if the NOLA service center opens tomorrow.

I had to wait a full forty days to get my DMV packet. If I needed the car, I would have been screwed.

But, I asked wifie yesterday as she was driving the car, "Is all forgiven regarding the Tesla?" She replied with a big grin "Almost".

@jplanaux
40 days is a bit ludicrous (pun intended), but you know you can drive for 30 days with the bill of sale before you can be cited for no registration and no plate.

The reasonable most honest thing: you get your packet in 7-10 days.

The 30 days bill of sale is not clear from my search. Is it a "notarized bill of sale"? And how are you going to get that? And if you get pulled over ... honestly ... I have not met many cops who know the laws ... even if you're right.

I'm retired and didn't need the car. No one should be ghosted, lied to, and be made to feel that I am unreasonable in asking what Tesla promises.

BTW - I love the car. I've owned BMW's, a Carrera, Audi, and I am more excited about this car than any of them. I hope the fairy-tale ends well.