Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Owner: Just Got VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In what feels like the most excruciating process I have now received my VIN for my new Model Y! I’m sure this community sees a lot of posts like this but I am incredibly excited to rejoin the EV community after having a poor experience with a Ford Focus Electric a few years ago.

I’m planning to use the Model Y as my daily vehicle and will be relearning a lot about driving an EV, but after doing a test drive of a Y a few months ago I knew it would be awesome. I have already ordered several accessories that are seemingly recommended heavily here and on Reddit, such as a nice screen protector, a usb hub for the front, and a nice license plate bracket for the front.

Next steps for me are finding and excellent tinting shop here in the North Dallas area because I really have enjoyed the high Tint that was on my escape. I also need to reach out and figure out how to do insurance so I am not delaying the delivery. Hopefully I’ll hear about a date from someone soon for delivery.

In what feels like the most excruciating process I have now received my VIN for my new Model Y! I’m sure this community sees a lot of posts like this but I am incredibly excited to rejoin the EV community after having a poor experience with a Ford Focus Electric a few years ago.

I’m planning to use the Model Y as my daily vehicle and will be relearning a lot about driving an EV, but after doing a test drive of a Y a few months ago I knew it would be awesome. I have already ordered several accessories that are seemingly recommended heavily here and on Reddit, such as a nice screen protector, a usb hub for the front, and a nice license plate bracket for the front.

Next steps for me are finding and excellent tinting shop here in the North Dallas area because I really have enjoyed the high Tint that was on my escape. I also need to reach out and figure out how to do insurance so I am not delaying the delivery. Hopefully I’ll hear about a date from someone soon for delivery.

Congrats! I’m a first time Tesla owner too and can’t wait to pick up my MY! I’m scheduled to take delivery on 11/9. I’m getting the Midnight Silver with all black int. What color are you getting?

Reactions: Papagiorgio
Congrats! I’m a first time Tesla owner too and can’t wait to pick up my MY! I’m scheduled to take delivery on 11/9. I’m getting the Midnight Silver with all black int. What color are you getting?
Nice!!! Congrats! I went with a full Stormtrooper look with the Pearl White and All Black int! Matches my current escape and I really like how White looks. I wasn’t sold on the Tesla white until I saw it on the Y and saw it had some gorgeous pearl in it.