TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Tesla owner

Discussion in 'Model S' started by arisythila, Sep 22, 2016.

1. arisythila

arisythila Member

Hello all,

I just got myself a new Tesla for my birthday to replace my Nissan GTR.

On September 19th I picked up a 2016 Model S P100D. So far I am pretty impressed with it. I got it pretty loaded minus the carbon fiber rear spoiler, and the dual chargers.

But so far, VERY happy with the whole process, and how things have gone. I take it in this weekend to get the front end wrapped with XPEL, and get 5 coats of Ceramic Pro on it.

Pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,

Michael

• Like x 9
    • Love x 1
  2. DrGuest

DrGuest Member

Welcome to TMC, and the world of Tesla. I loved my S85 I bought in 2013 and then I traded it in for a S90D and still am the happiest man on the planet!

3. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

Welcome bro!

4. arisythila

arisythila Member

Hey Hey! :)

Yeah, So far its been very nice! I am very pleased with it. It's not a Nissan GTR.. But I don't expect it to be. :)

5. dss33

dss33 Member

She's a beaut, congrats! I thought I recognized the delivery center and sure enough, Seattle SoDo. We picked our S up there just a few months ago.

Taking it to Northwest Auto Salon for the Xpel?

6. arisythila

arisythila Member

Yes! The SODO Delivery/Service center.

A friend of mine is the owner of Advanced Protective Coatings Auto Spa up in Lynnwood. So I am taking it there. He does the detailing and stuff, and has probably the best wrapper at lease around these parts Lukas Palladinii, doing the XPEL wrap.

He needs it for about 3 days. So going to be without it for a while.

• Like x 1
  7. nagypite

nagypite Member

GTR vs Tesla P90D (P100D is faster...)

8. arisythila

arisythila Member

Quietest drag race EVER! :) The Tesla is quicker if you like to line race. But if your doing any sort of track racing, I mean honestly the GTR will win, hands down. As battery technology gets better and better, I see this not being as much of an issue. But the Tesla is only really good with short spurts.

But with that being said, I still love this thing :) So quiet that you can talk in the cabin without yelling.

9. RogerHScott

RogerHScott Active Member

Welcome. It looks like you made the right choice of color, and (maybe?) of wheels, too (a little hard to see for sure). ;):)
    I imagine the caption for the lower picture is something like: "Ten years, four months, eleven days..." ;)

10. sparkles1111

sparkles1111 Member

11. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

I'm curious if this was an inventory car or if you ordered it?

12. Chaz

Chaz Big Kahuna

Congrats and welcome aboard!

13. arisythila

arisythila Member

Hahaha.. I went with the 21" Grey turbines. Ride is pretty good.

Thanks! I love it!

I custom ordered it. There were things that I really wanted, that they did not have in their inventory.

Thanks! :)

14. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

Wow, that was a FAST custom order delivery! Very nice and congrats!

15. arisythila

arisythila Member

It was really... I placed the order on August 29th, and received on September 19th. The estimated delivery date at the time was early October. Was a little rough, because when they emailed and schedule dates and everything, I wasn't expecting to have to come up with so much cash until beginning of October. But honestly, I cannot complain. hehe

Thanks,

• Like x 2
  16. arisythila

arisythila Member

Well I have my car down at Advanced Protective Coatings in Woodinville, WA. (APC Auto Spa).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cannot believe that it got so dirty just having it for less than a week... But shes getting cleaned up, and getting XPEL'ed, and Ceramic Pro'ed. Can't wait to get her back.

• Like x 1
  17. arisythila

arisythila Member

I got my car back from APC the other day, Front end is Wrapped with XPEL, and the rest of the car is coated in Ceramic Pro.

They wrapped this first, and then sprayed everything, and I have to say that the finish on this thing is Amazing... The downside is Tesla doesn't really give GREAT paint jobs yet.. There are so many imperfection in the paint, that they sort of stick out with a super glossy finish. There is a few clear coat icicles on the wheel wells as well. Definitely not the Attention to Detail that I would expect on a 150k+ car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great work by these guys... Above and beyond my expectations.. It was a tad expensive, but its got a 5 year warranty on the Ceramic Pro, and lifetime on the XPEL. If I do the yearly maintenance on it, they will basically give a lifetime warranty on the Ceramic Pro (Permanent glass like 'wax'). We've had a few rainy days, and its nice to see the water just bead up on the hood. They even coated the Windows, and mirrors, Wheels, Brake Calipers and interior. So water just slides right off. Super nice!

Thoughts?

• Like x 1
  18. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

And that Nissan GTR is still a Nissan :) Congrats on the new ride!

19. mhan00

mhan00 Member

Gorgeous car. You should be careful though, I see a sticky fingered imp trying to touch your baby. Good thing you got the protective coatings. :p

20. RobW2428

RobW2428 Member

You mind giving a price. Just curious. Seems to me that sort of thing has been around $3-8 grand depending on exactly how much is done. With the wheels and calipers included, I'm guessing it was really high.

No worries, if you'd rather not say.