Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I just got myself a new Tesla for my birthday to replace my Nissan GTR.

On September 19th I picked up a 2016 Model S P100D. So far I am pretty impressed with it. I got it pretty loaded minus the carbon fiber rear spoiler, and the dual chargers.

But so far, VERY happy with the whole process, and how things have gone. I take it in this weekend to get the front end wrapped with XPEL, and get 5 coats of Ceramic Pro on it.

Pics!

upload.jpg

upload.jpg

upload.jpg

Thanks,

Michael

She's a beaut, congrats! I thought I recognized the delivery center and sure enough, Seattle SoDo. We picked our S up there just a few months ago.

Taking it to Northwest Auto Salon for the Xpel?

Yes! The SODO Delivery/Service center.

A friend of mine is the owner of Advanced Protective Coatings Auto Spa up in Lynnwood. So I am taking it there. He does the detailing and stuff, and has probably the best wrapper at lease around these parts Lukas Palladinii, doing the XPEL wrap.

He needs it for about 3 days. So going to be without it for a while.

Reactions: dss33
GTR vs Tesla P90D (P100D is faster...)

Quietest drag race EVER! :) The Tesla is quicker if you like to line race. But if your doing any sort of track racing, I mean honestly the GTR will win, hands down. As battery technology gets better and better, I see this not being as much of an issue. But the Tesla is only really good with short spurts.

But with that being said, I still love this thing :) So quiet that you can talk in the cabin without yelling.

Hello all,

On September 19th I picked up a 2016 Model S P100D. So far I am pretty impressed with it. I got it pretty loaded minus the carbon fiber rear spoiler, and the dual chargers.

But so far, VERY happy with the whole process, and how things have gone. I take it in this weekend to get the front end wrapped with XPEL, and get 5 coats of Ceramic Pro on it.

Pics!

upload.jpg

upload.jpg

upload.jpg

Thanks,

Michael
Welcome. It looks like you made the right choice of color, and (maybe?) of wheels, too (a little hard to see for sure). ;):)
I imagine the caption for the lower picture is something like: "Ten years, four months, eleven days..." ;)

Welcome. It looks like you made the right choice of color, and (maybe?) of wheels, too (a little hard to see for sure). ;):)
I imagine the caption for the lower picture is something like: "Ten years, four months, eleven days..." ;)

Hahaha.. I went with the 21" Grey turbines. Ride is pretty good.

Congrats!!

Thanks! I love it!

I'm curious if this was an inventory car or if you ordered it?

I custom ordered it. There were things that I really wanted, that they did not have in their inventory.

Congrats and welcome aboard!

Thanks! :)

Wow, that was a FAST custom order delivery! Very nice and congrats!

It was really... I placed the order on August 29th, and received on September 19th. The estimated delivery date at the time was early October. Was a little rough, because when they emailed and schedule dates and everything, I wasn't expecting to have to come up with so much cash until beginning of October. But honestly, I cannot complain. hehe

Thanks,

Well I have my car down at Advanced Protective Coatings in Woodinville, WA. (APC Auto Spa).

Tesla1.jpg

tesla2.jpg

Tesla3.jpg

Tesla4.jpg

upload.jpg

upload.jpg

I cannot believe that it got so dirty just having it for less than a week... But shes getting cleaned up, and getting XPEL'ed, and Ceramic Pro'ed. Can't wait to get her back.

Reactions: DIL
I got my car back from APC the other day, Front end is Wrapped with XPEL, and the rest of the car is coated in Ceramic Pro.

They wrapped this first, and then sprayed everything, and I have to say that the finish on this thing is Amazing... The downside is Tesla doesn't really give GREAT paint jobs yet.. There are so many imperfection in the paint, that they sort of stick out with a super glossy finish. There is a few clear coat icicles on the wheel wells as well. Definitely not the Attention to Detail that I would expect on a 150k+ car.

upload.jpg

upload.jpg

upload.jpg

upload.jpg

upload.jpg

upload.jpg

upload.jpg

Great work by these guys... Above and beyond my expectations.. It was a tad expensive, but its got a 5 year warranty on the Ceramic Pro, and lifetime on the XPEL. If I do the yearly maintenance on it, they will basically give a lifetime warranty on the Ceramic Pro (Permanent glass like 'wax'). We've had a few rainy days, and its nice to see the water just bead up on the hood. They even coated the Windows, and mirrors, Wheels, Brake Calipers and interior. So water just slides right off. Super nice!

Thoughts?

Reactions: ApauloThirteen
Hello all,

Pics!

upload.jpg

upload.jpg

upload.jpg

Thanks,

Michael

Gorgeous car. You should be careful though, I see a sticky fingered imp trying to touch your baby. Good thing you got the protective coatings. :p