Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Podcast: Introducing RIDE THE LIGHTNING!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As usual, there's lots to talk about this week! On episode 140, Tesla releases their Q1 delivery numbers and shows good progress on their production ramp while ultimately falling short of their projections. Plus: an update on the fatal Model X Autopilot crash, Elon Musk’s April Fool’s Day prank, and more! Check it out here if you're interested.

It's an Elon-tastic episode 141, as Elon Musk made a lot of Tesla news this week, including giving a long-awaited update on the availability of Model 3’s Dual Motor version and giving an interview on Model 3 production to CBS This Morning. Plus: a touchscreen performance update for the rest of the fleet, an update on Model Y production, and more! Give it a listen here.

Reactions: Fiver
Pricing and specifications for the Dual Motor and Performance Model 3 are here!!! I managed to sneak all of the info and analysis into this week's episode at the almost-literal eleventh hour. Plus: Model 3’s first big safety rating comes in, production is ramping up nicely, the P100D S and X get cooler, Tesla wins a dealership battle in another state, and more! Listen here if you like. P3D!!!!

• Love
Reactions: SmartElectric
Episode 147 is a big one – both for the week of Tesla news and for me personally. I go over everything Elon talked about: Model Y, next-gen Supercharging, and much more. Listen here, and happy Memorial Day weekend!
Congratulations on the tweet exchanges with Elon. Hopefully you get that interview you've been hoping for. That would be awesome.

• Love
Reactions: ryanjm
It's a mini-milestone as I hit episode 150 of Ride the Lightning! On this week's show, Tesla makes the difficult choice to lay off 9% of its workforce, Elon Musk details the next-gen Roadster’s unbelievable SpaceX option package, Immaculate Reflections’ Jeff McGoveran stops by to talk about detailing and paint protection, and more! Give it a listen here if you're interested. Happy Father's Day!

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
Elon Musk posts a picture of the first-ever Performance Model 3, and it looks a lot like mine! Plus: Tesla zeroes in on a location for its future European Gigafactory, Model 3 gets a couple of long-awaited new features via a software update, and more! Listen here if you're interested -- thanks for giving the podcast a try!

Super jam-packed episode this week! So much to cover! For instance: the US federal tax credit situation has been finalized. I’ll give you all the details on how much longer it’ll last. Plus: Tesla officially names Shanghai as the site of its third Gigafactory, Elon Musk gives me an update on Performance Model 3 deliveries, select Model X 100Ds get a free performance boost, and more! Listen or download here.

Been slammed and/or on vacation recently so I haven't been able to keep podcast posts updated here. Sorry about that. Anyway, on episode 160 this week, I discuss Tesla staying public, Marques Brownlee's factory tour with Elon, Jay Leno's 2020 Roadster ride, Tesla suing Ontario, and more! Listen/download here if you're interested.