Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Podcast: Introducing RIDE THE LIGHTNING!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Ryan, great idea. I look forward to checking out one of your episodes. The idea seems a bit similar to a weekly Tesla newsletter that I've been editing for about a year. Hit me up in a PM and I'll include your podcast info in my next newsletter.

Looks like plenty of you have been giving the show a listen. Thank you!!

TopPodcastsiTunes1.JPG

Good job Ryan, congrats.

On a side note, CarTalk is still No. 1 automotive podcast, although they stopped broadcasting new episodes since 3 yrs ago (IIRC). Sadly, Tom Magliozzi (one of the Click and Clack brothers) passed away a few months back. I admit I still listen to CarTalk, and I still find it amusing, albeit a bit outdated.

Hey just wanted to say I'm enjoying the podcast, AND I'm also a former DeLorean owner (VIN 3472). Your first episode helped me realize why I too seem to have become obsessed with Tesla coming from DeLorean. :) Awesome to hear someone else with the same story.

Last edited:
Ryan, Pretty much hit it outta the park. Yeah Co-Host might be extremely helpful. Doing a meritorious job on your own but I think of Elon......... He builds a team of BELIEVERS....... and crashes through success....... like he didn't even know it was there!

AdrienT

Took me a while, but I'm caught up now. I've been waiting for someone to do a Tesla podcast; rich content right now, and Ryan, yours is exactly what I was hoping for. This sounds like an insult, but it's really not, you have a good voice for podcasting....:)

In terms of feedback, Diarmuid is pronounced Darre-mutt, or something like that. There's multiple ways to spell it it seems, I knew loads of them when I was in Ireland.

It may have been discussed above (and them mod'd out?), but I find the bumpers/intro/outro's a bit abrasive for this type of Podcast; just not a good fit? I wish I had the skills to make something different, but I'm not the right person for that. I'm not really a Metallica fan, but that's not why, I just think for something like this you need something a bit 'slicker'.

Regardless though, great job; I have a relatively short commute this days, but this is at the top of my Podcast listening list.

Thanks to Adrien, Pete, and everyone else since I last posted in this thread for your feedback. I've received a lot of wonderful and supportive emails from folks as well. I'm honestly stunned at the response. I thought 3 people would listen to this thing, but it's been holding steady as the #5 iTunes podcast in the Automotive category pretty much since it launched!

I've got plenty more I want to do with the podcast that you'll start to see over the coming weeks. I continue to feel encouraged and energized to do the show, so again I greatly appreciate everyone giving it a try!

Great show. I wish a moderator would move this topic to a more appropriate section where more people can see it. This is not off topic. I believe the closest forum section would be videos. At least that section is about Tesla related content. We don't put those topics in off topic section either.