Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Podcast: Introducing RIDE THE LIGHTNING!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's episode 5, all about how the Model S is breaking records (Bjorn's hypermiling) and review scales (consumer reports), with a bit on Elon's upcoming appearance on Colbert's Late Show.

I hope you'll give it a listen!

http://traffic.libsyn.com/teslapodc...esla_Motors_Unofficial_Podcast_Episode_05.mp3
Enjoyed your podcast, and it's clear you do as well.

Some hopefully constructive feedback:

- You're a journalist, so telling your audience to be sure to NOT watch some other piece of journalism (the Consumer Reports video podcast) because its second half is too negative seems odd. Maybe it's a psychological trick to get us to watch it? :)

- In the segment on Bjorn's distance record, you stated that he accomplished this in "flat Norway." Norway is anything but flat; the record-breaking drive was actually in Denmark. You also said he did it in his P85, the Millenium Falcon. In fact, he was in his friend Morgan's P85D, and Morgan drove for half the trip. These things suggest that you might not have watched his video first, and that could lead to listener doubts about how other topics are researched.

Enjoyed your podcast, and it's clear you do as well.

Some hopefully constructive feedback:

- You're a journalist, so telling your audience to be sure to NOT watch some other piece of journalism (the Consumer Reports video podcast) because its second half is too negative seems odd. Maybe it's a psychological trick to get us to watch it? :)

- In the segment on Bjorn's distance record, you stated that he accomplished this in "flat Norway." Norway is anything but flat; the record-breaking drive was actually in Denmark. You also said he did it in his P85, the Millenium Falcon. In fact, he was in his friend Morgan's P85D, and Morgan drove for half the trip. These things suggest that you might not have watched his video first, and that could lead to listener doubts about how other topics are researched.

My bad on Bjorn! I had read a recap of the story on TechCrunch, and it didn't mention the friend's P85D. My point about a 90D breaking it soon probably still stands though! ;-) And I just whiffed it on Denmark. Apologies!

It may have been discussed above (and them mod'd out?), but I find the bumpers/intro/outro's a bit abrasive for this type of Podcast.

Agreed. I've been a subscribers almost since the beginning and have gotten pretty adept at hitting the 15 second fast forward button on my iPhone when the bumper starts. But would be nice if I didn't need to do that.

Please consider something a bit more calming.

Other than that, very informative podcast.