TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Tesla Roadster Owner Here.

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Stewie26, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

Hi All,
    I took delivery of a 2008, #466, last week and could not be happier. I am a sports car enthusiast and have owned or currently own Corvette's C3-C7's, Porsche. Lotus Esprit's, and a couple Opel GT's. I am not new to Tesla as my wife's daily driver is a 2016 model S. What actually got me interested in the roadster was reading about the payload launch of Elon's personal roadster with the Falcon heavy lifter rocket. I had only seen one roadster in person and that was back in 2009 and pretty much forgot that the roadster even existed.. After reading about the launch, I researched the roadster's for sale and found one from a private party only a half hour way so I bought it. It was even the color I was looking for.
    I am sure i will have questions and look forward to participating in this forum. 20180127_125603.jpg 20180127_125521.jpg IMG_0665.JPG IMG_0668.JPG

• Love x 2
  2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Beautiful car! You're going to enjoy driving that up in the canyons. :)

Welcome to the forum.

• Like x 1
  3. Roadster

Roadster Member

Welcome to TMC, @Stew2673! Always great to add another SoCal Roadster owner to our ranks. Great color indeed!

• Like x 1
  4. Stewie26

Thanks for the welcomes. I noticed some typos in my first post but can't find where to Edit. When I click on the edit button at the top of my post, it will only let edit the tags. Any help would be appreciated.

5. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

Some forum features aren't available until you have a few more posts.

6. Hall-Morin

Hall-Morin Member

Welcome to the gang!

• Like x 1
  7. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Welcome to TMC and Roadsters ownership... any service needs in the local area, schedule service at Torrance. The ones in LA and Orange County bring all Roadsters there for service anyway...

• Like x 1
  8. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Beautiful pictures of the car !
    ( Particularly that first one. )

9. Stewie26

Thanks Dennis. The Torrance service center is only 15 minutes away and that is also where my wife gets her Tesla S serviced. The previous owner had ordered a new tire pressure control module in December and it is suppose to be delivered to Torrance. Hopefully, it will arrive in the next 30 days or so. When it does I will be arranging for the installation. Other than that, everything else seems to be in good working order on the car.

10. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Torrance does a good job with Roadsters and that's where my wife's car gets taken care of (as well as our S and 3). I'll have to peel my eyes out for you as I work in the South Bay... if you ever decide to go South to the OC, you're more than welcome to join us for our club activities. Any Tesla is more than welcome.

• Informative x 1
  11. Stewie26

I visit Torrance Airport 3 or 4 times a week and also the Redondo Beach Marina. For the past week I have been just driving the roadster around the South Bay like a kid with a new toy. Hope my other cars don't get jealous.:D

12. Stewie26

#12 Stewie26, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Just putting a couple more photos here. Sorry if my enthusiasm is running a little too high on my new purchase. My wife likes it too. Her only complaint is she wishes it had power steering for parking the car. With that said, I really am enjoying this car.:)
    IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG

• Love x 1