TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Tesla Roadster...Stupid Inexpensive

Discussion in 'Roadster 2020' started by Hotlobstah, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Hotlobstah

Hotlobstah Member

As there is absolutely nothing like it in the world, Tesla could have set the new Roadster price at 500k+ and pre sold those 1st 1000 founders units in a heartbeat. I wonder if those 1st 1000 units are going to be an introductory type offer with a more realistic price later on?

• Disagree x 1
  2. AssortedBread

AssortedBread Member

Couldn't agree more.

COmparison2.jpg
    1750.jpg

• Like x 6
    • Informative x 2
    • Love x 1
  3. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

Sure, but the Chiron has cupholders.

• Funny x 6
    • Disagree x 1
  4. MileHighMotoring

I think the price vs performance comparisons are useless. You can make a 1992 Honda Civic that bests a Bugatti for $30k. And you can buy a $2M sports car that's not as good on paper as a stock Nissan GT-R.

People who buy Bugattis and Ferraris and Lamborghinis and Spykers and the like don't care that the GT-R is as good on the specs pages at a fraction of the price. These aren't decisions based on logic and reason. Sports cars are about what moves you, emotionally.

Personally, the thought of a super quick electric car gets me going. I'm over big horsepower, big engines, loud exhausts, etc. I just love smoothness and efficiency and confidence.

• Like x 2
  5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Right on, brother!

I am looking forward to hearing from Tesla as to how many Founders Series Roadsters have been pre-sold. I’ve never owned a “Supercar” but if my bank account could handle it I would be yelling at Elon “TAKE MY MONEY!”.

• Like x 1
  6. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Active Member

Haha. and the range at top speed for the Buhgati is actually like 14 miles or something nuts like that. My guess is that the Roadster will also be very short distance, but way more then the Buhgati.