Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Roadster...Stupid Inexpensive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As there is absolutely nothing like it in the world, Tesla could have set the new Roadster price at 500k+ and pre sold those 1st 1000 founders units in a heartbeat. I wonder if those 1st 1000 units are going to be an introductory type offer with a more realistic price later on?

• Disagree
Reactions: DrivingRockies
Couldn't agree more.

COmparison2.jpg

1750.jpg

I think the price vs performance comparisons are useless. You can make a 1992 Honda Civic that bests a Bugatti for $30k. And you can buy a $2M sports car that's not as good on paper as a stock Nissan GT-R.

People who buy Bugattis and Ferraris and Lamborghinis and Spykers and the like don't care that the GT-R is as good on the specs pages at a fraction of the price. These aren't decisions based on logic and reason. Sports cars are about what moves you, emotionally.

Personally, the thought of a super quick electric car gets me going. I'm over big horsepower, big engines, loud exhausts, etc. I just love smoothness and efficiency and confidence.

Reactions: SDRick and JHWJR
Personally, the thought of a super quick electric car gets me going. I'm over big horsepower, big engines, loud exhausts, etc. I just love smoothness and efficiency and confidence.
Right on, brother!

I am looking forward to hearing from Tesla as to how many Founders Series Roadsters have been pre-sold. I’ve never owned a “Supercar” but if my bank account could handle it I would be yelling at Elon “TAKE MY MONEY!”.

Reactions: MileHighMotoring