TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New Tesla S 60D

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Windy City S, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Windy City S

Windy City S Member

After salivating, contemplating, and wanting one for so long I decided to go for a test drive on Thu 3/30. As expected I loved it... decided I would build my own and order before Apr 16th came and went. Sure enough, this inventory car popped up and next thing I knew 24 hours I came home with it. Being an impulsive car fanatic is expensive... Not my first choice in color, but I can always wrap it later.

First pic is picking up at SC, next pic is after tints and front plate bracket removal 48 hours later. Getting chrome delete, calipers painted, and PPF early next week.

S 60D, 21's, Sound, Sub-Zero, Sun-Roof, and AP. Looking forward to burning countless hours on this forum.

Attached Files:

• Like x 6
    • Love x 1
  2. Ckennedy421

Ckennedy421 Member

Nice. Looks great. I'm not jealous at all.

• Funny x 2
  3. Windy City S

Windy City S Member

Haha... thanks! The silver is growing on me by the day...

4. bjelkeman

bjelkeman Member

5. AlexG

AlexG Member

I think 70D is the best bang for your buck as far as Tesla lineup is concerned but 60 is not bad either. Though it is no longer being made.

6. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

Very nice, congrats! I'm not a silver fan either, but it looks great on an S with those wheels. I have about the same story and dates/times as you, except I custom ordered a 60D and I'm picking it up on Thursday. :) Basically the same car but in blue.

7. Windy City S

Windy City S Member

What's nice is that 60's are just software capped 75's. If I pay another $6.5k my car magically finds more battery and becomes a 75 all through wifi. Marketing and science is amazing :)

8. Windy City S

Windy City S Member

Congrats! Share some pics, once you get it... I couldn't imagine waiting after an order. The few grand they gave me off covered some of my options so I bit...

9. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

Will do! I actually tried to schedule my delivery for May, so I'd have some time to sell my roadster and LEAF. But it's showing up in a few days, so I'm frantically trying to figure out what to do with those two cars haha.

When I was looking at inventory cars online, they seemed to ALL be black and ALL have 19" wheels. Both were deal breakers for me.

10. Windy City S

Windy City S Member

Haha... First world problems. The poor Leaf gets no love in your signature. You could always check out Carmax just to see if it is worth your while. Otherwise, you could throw one on Turo and see if you can turn it into a money maker in the meantime. Good luck!

• Like x 1
  11. jimmyz80

jimmyz80 Member

I'm actually headed to Carmax in like 30min with the LEAF. :p

• Like x 1
  12. Hotlobstah

Hotlobstah Member

Sweet...Congrats!

• Like x 1
  13. Dennisj00

Dennisj00 Member

Congrats! We stretched and got a 60 last July. Best car ever. No regrets!

• Like x 2