TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Tesla schwag in the mail!

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by DRM, Jun 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DRM

DRM Roadster #619

So I arrived home today to find a somewhat large box on my doorstep from Tesla. Not expecting any delivery from them, I was a bit surprised. It's a neat little Tesla gift-pack which includes a thank-you note from Elon, a hat, T-shirt, coffee mug, and travel-mug. I haven't tested the travel-mug in the roadster yet; that'll wait for tomorrow. Also included were a number of "VIP" cards to give out. They entitle the holder to an overnight test drive and whatever else "VIP" status conveys.

Gotta say, I'm very happy with Elon/Tesla at this point for going out of their way to recognize those folks who purchased roadsters both with the gift-pack and the (token, yet appreciated) participation in the IPO. Yes, I've been in business long enough to recognize a grass-roots marketing campaign wrapped around a free baseball cap .... but I still appreciated it and believe it was a legitimate act of goodwill.

//dan.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Nice...would love to get a T-shirt or cap or key chain as a Model S reservation holder/Tesla supporter.

3. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

& here I thought I was special!

4. SByer

SByer '08 #383

My favorite piece was the Sport HotWheels car. It also doesn't hurt that it helps out with Christmas gifts ;-).

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

My wife has already laid claim to the HotWheels car...

6. graham

graham Active Member

Yes, I was very surprised at this too. Especially so long after my original purchase.

I wonder what prompted this?

7. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

They're hoping to drive more sales, I'm sure. It's a nice way to do it. Hopefully it works.

8. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I got one too. I was surprised as I hadn't ordered anything either. Nice touch. Was this sent to all Roadster owners and Signature Model S reservation holders or all Model S people as well? Wish they would have sent it out a few weeks ago. I just ordered that exact tumbler and coffee mug 3 weeks ago. T-shirt is cool though, don't think they even sell that on their website.

Dave

9. efusco

#9 efusco, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
    I got my swag box today!! Just a regular (well, friends/family) reservation holder!
    4737548350_84e3392243_o.jpg
    4737561912_1b614e1401.jpg

10. efusco

[​IMG]
    Hmmm....Flickr's made it tricky to post urls....

11. KBF

KBF Model S 2017

Yup - I'm a Model S holder from Canada and I got one, too. 2 thumbs up for thinking internationally!

12. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Awesome. Glad everyone got one. Wish the shirt was XL though but hey, it's free (well, kinda with that deposit sitting at Tesla for what will be 3 years).

13. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

14. tomanik

tomanik Member

Got the package today and am quite impressed. Tesla has certainly earned a few bonus points with the wife and my daughter out of this as well. However that only leaves me with a hat and some VIP cards :rolleyes:

15. Cobos

Cobos S60 owner since 2013

I got a care package just like the one shown earlier. Up here in Norway, now that IS impressive. Even sent through FedEx of all things, which must have cost a pretty penny. I'm very happy...

Cobos

16. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Got my Tesla care package today...woohoo!

17. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

me too!

[​IMG]

18. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

Looks like the packages went to Roadster owners, SIG, R, and very low P holders. I as #1440 got nuthin' :(

19. Ted at Tesla

Ted at Tesla Tesla Sales Associate by day enthusiast by night

The care package will ship to all Roadster owners and Model S reservation holders. Packages are being sent in waves.

20. EV_de

EV_de Model SP10/XP9 EU ZOE#47

... How many of these care packages will be send at the end of these campaign ? :)