TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Tesla Service Center opening in Bellevue soon

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Blurry_Eyed, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Blurry_Eyed

Blurry_Eyed MS Sig #267, MX Sig # 761

2. Jackyche

Jackyche Member

Thank goodness. I was beginning to think Roadster owners are becoming bastard children of Tesla. My issues have been ignored for months now.

3. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

Nice, a few miles from my home and work.

4. Sans Gas

Sans Gas Member

If a service center is not close to home or work, say 90 miles away in a area without restaurants, stores, etc. will transportation be available to take you such areas while the car is being serviced?

5. v12 to 12v

v12 to 12v Active Member

Tesla Service offered me a rental for the day in Seattle. I didn't need it but it was nice for them to offer.

6. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

#6 ChadS, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    Sweet location! 3.6 miles from my house. I can drop the car off and walk home, or the bus goes past there. Or with no bridge, I can bike home (I have a hitch on both cars).

A couple of months ago I heard the plan was to open in March, but things could well have changed.

My Roadster is at the Seattle shop now. I'm about to walk 2 miles to the bus, then wait for the bus, take the bus, walk a mile on the other side, then drive back across the bridge and pay the toll...this is GREAT news for us on the Eastside.

v12, they offered a car? Wow, I've been taking my car in for years (including yesterday) and never been offered a rental. I didn't know they had them.

Hubertz, if you are that far away, I would go for the "anywhere" ranger service plan. They come to YOU. Great time and money saver for $125/year.

7. Designtime

Designtime Member

They aren't going to close the Seattle service center, are they?

8. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

#8 ChadS, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    Nope! Seattle was just way too small so they had to do something; having one on each side of the bridge makes a lot of sense. It was packed in the Seattle service center today. And so odd not recognizing anybody there...well, I did see Ben.

And they washed my car! Yay.

I drove past the new location on my way home. That is, well, unassuming. There is a "for lease" building there that has a roll-up door. Looks like it needs some work. No sign that any has been done yet.

9. Designtime

Designtime Member

Good news. That will be better for everybody

10. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Maybe sending people to Metropolitan Detail for the paint armor gave them some ideas.

Observe the (short) distance here:
    http://binged.it/14xW7o9

11. GeekGirls

GeekGirls Kid in Candy Store

Congratulations to everyone on the East Side up there! Who knows? We may move back some day – and the service center is only a 4 mile drive from our home in Bellevue (we've rented that house for the time being to keep our options open.)

12. kashiraja

kashiraja Member

Sweet! That's just a couple of blocks from my old service center (old/current car). And just a bike ride from home...

13. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

Damn, decisions, decisions. But, from Puyallup, I guess Bellevue is a better choice than Seattle Lake Union.

- - - Updated - - -

I note a few posts from Kirkland. That is my favorite stop with the LEAF - charge at the library garage while having a nice lunch at the Trellis.

14. Tech26

Tech26 Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check it out after they get it opened.

15. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

Bellevue is also better because of traffic. The Lake Union area is a mess with all the construction in the vicinity. I hope Bellevue opens soon.

16. Puyallup Bill

Puyallup Bill Member

I think it might be awhile before it opens. I took delivery there this past Sunday (2/17) and it was just a large open warehouse stuffed with model Ss.

17. scooterrr

scooterrr Cogitating vanity plates

That matches what I heard - the factory is super-excited to have an open warehouse here, and it's being used for preparation and storage for... a while.

18. Jackyche

Jackyche Member

Anyone know when's the service center opening? A month or two ago, Lance casually mentioned March-ish.

19. Francis Lau

Francis Lau P-1456

I don't it is going to be within the next 2 months. They said that they are going to renovate the space and also need to hire more staff and technicians. They are just using it for deliveries at this time. I live in Bellevue so I wish it is open already. I need my tires rotated.

20. aja2460

aja2460 Member

Bellevue Service Center.jpg New Bellevue Service Center opened last Monday. Service bays downstairs, Showroom and Eastside Delivery Center upstairs. It's beautiful. BTW it's my Silver Model X on the left.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1