Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Service Center & Store in West Palm Beach!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Racerx22b

@unplggdd on Instagram
Nov 17, 2014
West Palm Beach, FL
I don't think I've seen this posted on here but the West Palm Beach (really Riviera Beach) Tesla store and service center is relocating. Well kinda.... This store will stay in place but only for the purpose of CPOs. The superchargers are also staying put.

The new location will be taking over a vacated Volvo dealership located in a much friendlier location. It's just East of the FL Turnpike on Okechobee Rd (Exit 99). Access will be slightly more convenient from Turnpike but not so convenient from I-95. Not terrible but not as close as the previous location.

I couldn't get any confirmation on whether or not Superchargers would be installed there. I could only confirm sales and service being offered. I hope they add Superchargers as the current location offers ZERO amenities. Those people who search permits get to work. I have no idea how to find that in Palm Beach County.

My contact at the current location stated they'd offer better amenities at the store (think owners lounge with better coffee machines than a Keurig) and within a sorta short walking distance is a Chik Fil A, Zaxby's, Dunkin Donuts, Subway and some other random non chain options. The Chik Fil A and Subway are a little bit of a hike but if you have 45mins to kill you'll be fine.

Link to location --> Google Maps

I also confirmed that no public charging will be installed at the new Tesla store at the Palm Beach Gardens Mall. The chargers installed are strictly for demo cars. Big thumbs down!

I also confirmed that no public charging will be installed at the new Tesla store at the Palm Beach Gardens Mall. The chargers installed are strictly for demo cars. Big thumbs down!

Yeah, That's a major dumb move....

Why would Gardens Mall open a Tesla store and then not allow charging?

I was by there on Sunday and the store was still closed (rumor was that they were to open last Monday) and they had around 10 charging stations out back blocked off...

Yeah, That's a major dumb move....

Why would Gardens Mall open a Tesla store and then not allow charging?

Hi Chris,

I know that this may not be popular, but ever since Tesla opened their first Store their official policy has consistently been for the the Tesla Wall Connectors located there to be primarily to support Store operations. In other words Store chargers were never intended to be Tesla Destination Chargers and that's why you will not see the Wall Connectors at Stores listed on the Find Us map. Having said that, I'm sure that if an owner had an emergency and really needed a charge that they would try to accommodate them.

Larry

Reactions: winfield100
Hi Chris,

I know that this may not be popular, but ever since Tesla opened their first Store their official policy has consistently been for the the Tesla Wall Connectors located there to be primarily to support Store operations. In other words Store chargers were never intended to be Tesla Destination Chargers and that's why you will not see the Wall Connectors at Stores listed on the Find Us map. Having said that, I'm sure that if an owner had an emergency and really needed a charge that they would try to accommodate them.

Larry

yeah.... I had heard this prior.... But was somewhat confused when I actually saw them out in the parking lot. They didn't look like wall chargers to me...

Chris

yeah.... I had heard this prior.... But was somewhat confused when I actually saw them out in the parking lot. They didn't look like wall chargers to me...

Chris

If you saw 10 chargers at the Gardens Mall my info may not be correct. It's unlikely they'll have 10 demo cars so a portion of those may be for customers. I'll keep my fingers optimistically crossed.

I believe the Boca Mall only has 2 or 3 Tesla wall chargers and a couple 50amp outlets.

Jason

If you saw 10 chargers at the Gardens Mall my info may not be correct. It's unlikely they'll have 10 demo cars so a portion of those may be for customers. I'll keep my fingers optimistically crossed.

I believe the Boca Mall only has 2 or 3 Tesla wall chargers and a couple 50amp outlets.

Jason
Hi Jason,

The number of Tesla Wall Connectors supporting store operations can be more than just a few depending on the location.

I live in Sarasota. We have the University Town Center (utc) Mall in which there is a Tesla Store. When the mall opened in 2016 it initially installed 16 charging stations. 8 were on the west side and 8 were on the east side. Of the 8 on the east side, 4 were full capacity Tesla Wall Connectors and 4 were J1772 chargers. The 4 Tesla Wall Connectors were for store operations and the other 12 J1772 chargers were destination chargers for EV patrons of the mall.

Following the initial opening, the 4 J1772 on the east side adjacent to the Tesla Wall Connectors were converted to Tesla Wall Connectors leaving all 8 of the Tesla Wall Connectors on the east side for support of Tesla store operations.

Now obviously it is not feasible for the Store management to constantly monitor the 8 spots, and it is possible for Tesla owners to occasionally slip in to one of the 8 spots for a charge when a spot is vacated for a test drive. Nevertheless, most of those spots are usually occupied by either by store test drive vehicles or customer trade-in vehicles. (The mall management won't permit Tesla to park trade-in vehicles in the general parking spaces dedicated for mall patrons.)

So it is possible for a Store in a big shopping mall to have more than just a few charging spots in support of Store operations, and it would be unwise to plan a trip in which one absolutely needed to gain access to the Tesla Wall Connectors in order to make it home. (In this particular mall it is less of an issue since there are 8 remaining J1772 chargers that are dedicated destination chargers and more importantly there's a 20-stall Supercharger Station about a mile away.)

Larry

Last edited:
That’d be great. I know we’re not entitled to chargers being installed but it just seems like a no brainer that Tesla would take an opportunity like this to provide Tesla wall chargers and maybe even a few universal chargers as a goodwill gesture or even just a small marketing gesture showing that they’re all about the “EV movement”.

That’s just my opinion.

That’d be great. I know we’re not entitled to chargers being installed but it just seems like a no brainer that Tesla would take an opportunity like this to provide Tesla wall chargers and maybe even a few universal chargers as a goodwill gesture or even just a small marketing gesture showing that they’re all about the “EV movement”.

That’s just my opinion.
Hi Jason,

I understand. I just wanted to let others know, particularly new owners, that it would be unwise to view Tesla Store Wall Chargers in the exact same light as Tesla Destination Chargers as listed on the the Tesla Find Us map.

As you know, for Tesla Destination Chargers Tesla does do as you suggest and supports the EV Movement by donating both Tesla Wall Connectors and universal chargers as a goodwill gesture.

As I mentioned up-thread, I'm sure that if an owner had an emergency and really needed a charge that the store would try to accommodate them especially if they had 10 Wall Connectors.

Larry

I did some snooping around the new West Palm location off of Okeechobee Blvd. I saw no evidence of Superchargers being installed but the parking lot is still not paved. This looks to be a much more traditional looking "car dealer" with a nice big showroom. This will be a nice upgrade from the Riviera Beach location.

I look forward to it opening up. I have made good friends with some of the staff at Riviera Beach so I hope at least one or two of them transition over.

As I pass by this Okeechobee Blvd weekly (a couple of times a week), it does seem that progress is moving along rapidly....

The property is very large.....

But that being said, no work has been done to indicate the install of Super Chargers at this point....

With this location being so much closer to turnpike driving (closer than the Riviera location), it would make sense to install them. Location is much closer to major interstate and has many restaurants within walking distance...

The Tesla map shows a Super Charger station going in far east of this location near Clematis street to open late 2018... But that location doesn't seem very convenient to the highway traveler. It also appears that Delray and Boca are getting SC stations near the I-95 corridor sometime in 2018.

So outside of the Riviera location.... The only other Supercharger locations I am aware of in outlying areas of the Riviera location is the one in Plantation (South and West of Turnpike) and Port St. Lucie (North and East of I-95).

So, to me it makes some sense to install on Okeechobee Blvd..... Then again.... I ain't paying for it....

Bad photos but this is the inside and out of the new West Palm service and delivery center

Attachments

• C375B4AE-5329-4CA3-9D3F-974187FF40D4.jpeg
    C375B4AE-5329-4CA3-9D3F-974187FF40D4.jpeg
    401.6 KB · Views: 160
  • E713A01F-CB6B-49B3-B46B-6DD19BBF99F9.jpeg
    E713A01F-CB6B-49B3-B46B-6DD19BBF99F9.jpeg
    393.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 829CB423-1057-4D95-957A-B65ED4D2D8CB.jpeg
    829CB423-1057-4D95-957A-B65ED4D2D8CB.jpeg
    428.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 988BB7EE-43BE-44DA-98FA-F3C8AE2A040B.jpeg
    988BB7EE-43BE-44DA-98FA-F3C8AE2A040B.jpeg
    428.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Informative
Reactions: Larry Chanin
As I drive by there daily, it appears that all the clean up/exterior work has been done....

Haven't seen much activity there in the past month though....

Looks like it is ready for the Tesla crew to start the interior work.... Based on what I was told at the Dyer SC location, they are shooting for a 4th quarter opening.

No word on if this location would have any Superchargers though...

It would make sense to have them at this location though as it is only .5 miles for the Florida turnpike...

The Dyer location (10 charging bays???) isn't bad if you drive I-95 or the Beeline.... But is a pain for those using the turnpike.

Also, the Dyer location is normally full due to it being a SC.