Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Service Center & Store in West Palm Beach!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Pebb is announcing another Palm Beach Tesla location....

Pebb is responsible for the Palm Beach Gardens location and the construction of the new Okeechobee Blvd, West Palm Beach.

Announced today (8/17), Pebb is building another location located at I-95 and Northlake Blvd in the empty Gander Mountain store.

(Palm Beach Post) - Not sure when this will get started, but Pebb has finished the exterior work at the Okeechobee Blvd. location. Next step is interior construction, which will be a flagship Tesla location, one of a new breed of standalone Tesla centers being built. (The location will replace a small, out-of-the-way dealership and service center at 4651 Dyer Rd. in West Palm Beach.

• Informative
Reactions: Larry Chanin
Then that is where the other Tesla Superchargers will likely go. Good info.

I got a pretty solid confirmation from the existing Tesla store staff that no Superchargers are going in at the Tesla store near the Turnpike on Okeechobee.

Darnit!

Yeah... That's a real bummer.....

Having to get off the Beeline exit and drive to Dyer is a little inconvenient....

The Okeechobee exit is so close to the new location that it would better serve the Tesla owners traveling.... Lots of restaurants located there.... Nothing at Dyer.... Industrial area....

Looks like Pebb is announcing another Palm Beach Tesla location....

Pebb is responsible for the Palm Beach Gardens location and the construction of the new Okeechobee Blvd, West Palm Beach.

Announced today (8/17), Pebb is building another location located at I-95 and Northlake Blvd in the empty Gander Mountain store.

(Palm Beach Post) - Not sure when this will get started, but Pebb has finished the exterior work at the Okeechobee Blvd. location. Next step is interior construction, which will be a flagship Tesla location, one of a new breed of standalone Tesla centers being built. (The location will replace a small, out-of-the-way dealership and service center at 4651 Dyer Rd. in West Palm Beach.

Is this the PBP article you're referencing?

Pebb comes back from tragedy with Tesla dealer, Gander Mountain site

I didn't see any mention in this article that the Gander Mountain location is now going to be a Tesla store. Can you provide more detail or link to the article you're referencing if it is not this one. This one is date 8/16 and you mentioned 8/17 so there might be an update from this one.

Stopped by the proposed new Tesla Service center at 5544 Okeechobee Blvd. Enjoy the pics. They can very easily install supercharges at this location. The building is completely empty, just the walls. Nothing marked Tesla anywhere, hence the reason for not installing charging stations yet. They can do that later when finishing the buildout. Also called the smaller service center nearby and the rep. there said the plan is to move into the Okeechobee service center this Fall.

Attachments

• IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1313.jpg
    IMG_1313.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1307.jpg
    IMG_1307.jpg
    923.9 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_1310.jpg
    IMG_1310.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Informative
Reactions: Larry Chanin
Stopped by the proposed new Tesla Service center at 5544 Okeechobee Blvd. Enjoy the pics. They can very easily install supercharges at this location. The building is completely empty, just the walls. Nothing marked Tesla anywhere, hence the reason for not installing charging stations yet. They can do that later when finishing the buildout. Also called the smaller service center nearby and the rep. there said the plan is to move into the Okeechobee service center this Fall.

While they could install Superchargers wouldn't it have made more sense for them to bury the infrastructure for them prior to paving the parking lot? I guess time will tell.

Last edited:

I’ve checked the public records. The article in the Palm Beach Post appears to be accurate, but of course it doesn’t provide any target dates for occupancy. Here’s the relevant excerpt from the article:
Pebb also just finished building Tesla’s new showroom and service center, at 5544 Okeechobee Blvd., just east of the Turnpike. The next step is interior construction of the electric car dealership, which will be a flagship Tesla location, one of a new breed of standalone Tesla centers being built. (The location will replace a small, out-of-the-way dealership and service center at 4651 Dyer Rd. in West Palm Beach. Tesla also has small showrooms at The Gardens Mall in Palm Beach Gardens and the Town Center mall in Boca Raton.)

In July 2017 the property was purchased by Accelerated Investments from Schumacher Auto Group for $5,000,000.

Shortly after Accelerated Investments purchased the property, they hired a Civil Engineering firm to draw up plans to demolish some buildings, renovate others and do reworking of the site to remove asphalt and concrete in preparation of for repaving of parking. By the way, Accelerated Investments has the same business address as Pebb Enterprises.

5544 Okeechobee Blvd Civil.jpg

Accelerated Investments remains the owner of record and still has some permits for signage, etc., that are still in-process according to the online system.

One permit application for interior improvements is listed for Tesla as a tenant.

5544 Okeechobee Blvd Tesla Interior Permit Application.jpg

Tesla started the permit application process in September 2017. To date a permit has not been issued. The last activity on May 15, 2018 indicated that permit issuance was suspended, probably because Tesla has not yet assigned a contractor for the project. There also appears to be a couple of minor questions from the Fire Inspector that remain unanswered by Tesla according to the online public records. It looks like the permit application will expire on November 15, 2018. Tesla has an outstanding permit bill of a little less than $8,000.

In viewing your photos, if I were Tesla I would pay to have the local utility reroute the cable pole, and perhaps the overhead pole line feeding it, off of their property to gain better access to their garage entrances, gain some parking, but most importantly avoid obstacles for cars to collide with. I am not entirely convinced that the parking lot paving is complete yet. It might have just a light initial coat of asphalt.

I agree that if Tesla wanted to do it, that this location could accommodate a Supercharger Station, especially with so much available parking.

The bottom line, things are moving by the owner of the property, but so far there isn’t much in the way of public information regarding Tesla’s necessary actions, such as hiring a contractor, that would reinforce the comment that they will be ready to move in by the Fall of this year. However, I suppose if Tesla was highly motivated it might still be possible.

Thanks for the photos.

By the way, welcome to the forum. If you happen to be interested in joining our statewide Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

Last edited:
I’ve checked the public records. The article in the Palm Beach Post appears to be accurate, but of course it doesn’t provide any target dates for occupancy. Here’s the relevant excerpt from the article:

In July 2017 the property was purchased by Accelerated Investments from Schumacher Auto Group for $5,000,000.

Shortly after Accelerated Investments purchased the property, they hired a Civil Engineering firm to draw up plans to demolish some buildings, renovate others and do reworking of the site to remove asphalt and concrete in preparation of for repaving of parking. By the way, Accelerated Investments has the same business address as Pebb Enterprises.

I am not sure if this is in response to my post about what part of the article supports the statement of the old Gander Mountain location to become a new Tesla store. If it is, this is two different things. The location in the pics above and referenced in the article has been long known to be a Tesla store but this is not the Gander Mountain location. This location used to be a Volvo dealer. The Gander Mountain location is off of I-95 and not too far from the existing Riveria Beach Tesla store. Gander Mountain is huge. It's basically a Bass Pro Shops. That would be massive for a Tesla store.

And the parking at the current under construction location on Okechobee Rd doesn't really have much parking. It actually has way less parking (overall) than the existing location. The entire back lot will likely be dedicated to vehicles in for service or being prepped for delivery. Once you add the demo cars you're not going to have much lot left to use for customers.

I am not sure if this is in response to my post about what part of the article supports the statement of the old Gander Mountain location to become a new Tesla store. If it is, this is two different things. The location in the pics above and referenced in the article has been long known to be a Tesla store but this is not the Gander Mountain location. This location used to be a Volvo dealer. The Gander Mountain location is off of I-95 and not too far from the existing Riveria Beach Tesla store. Gander Mountain is huge. It's basically a Bass Pro Shops. That would be massive for a Tesla store.

And the parking at the current under construction location on Okechobee Rd doesn't really have much parking. It actually has way less parking (overall) than the existing location. The entire back lot will likely be dedicated to vehicles in for service or being prepped for delivery. Once you add the demo cars you're not going to have much lot left to use for customers.
Hi Jason,

No, I wasn't responding to your post regarding the Gander Mountain location. It was clear to me that the Palm Beach Post article was essentially an article about Pebb Enterprises in which they discuss some of their properties, one of which just happened to be the car service center property.

I know that early on you had a credible private source about this location being a future Tesla service center, but until the Palm Beach Post article we really didn't have a public source stating that this property was connected with Tesla. The fact that I was able to locate a pending renovation permit for Tesla further confirms the accuracy of both your and the Palm Beach Post's information that Tesla is connected to this property.

Here is a photo of the Dyer Blvd location:

4651 Dyer Blvd.jpg

Here is a photo of the new location:

5544 Okeechobee Blvd site..jpg

The buildings inside the red rectangle have been demolished and converted to parking spaces.

To me the new location appears to have more parking.

Admittedly the two locations have roughly the same overall acreage, 3.0023 acres for Dyer Blvd and 3.3882 acres for Okeechobee Blvd. So the new location has about 13% more total acreage.

Larry

Last edited:
Would love to see this get opened and add Superchargers now that Dyer is no longer on the SC maps...

They have charging, but have signage directing those who wish to charge to the WAWA location on Blue Heron...
Tesla isn't co-locating publicly available superchargers with service centers any more. And for exactly the same reason that the Dyer location was de-listed once Tesla opened up the one on Blue Heron. The service/delivery centers have enough throughput to totally monopolize a supercharger throughout the day and they actually need those charging resources to maintain that throughput. So don't expect to ever see them build publicly available superchargers at service or delivery centers.

Tesla isn't co-locating publicly available superchargers with service centers any more. And for exactly the same reason that the Dyer location was de-listed once Tesla opened up the one on Blue Heron. The service/delivery centers have enough throughput to totally monopolize a supercharger throughout the day and they actually need those charging resources to maintain that throughput. So don't expect to ever see them build publicly available superchargers at service or delivery centers.
I believe this to be very true, especially now with the greatly increased delivery rates.

If people will recall Tesla actually started to install a Supercharger Station at the Coral Gables Service Center up to the point of installing the conduit for the charging terminals, and the switchgear, they installed the utility transformer and set the switchgear, then they stopped removed the staged equipment and capped the conduits.

Here's a photo showing the end stage of the Supercharger installation at Coral Gables.

Supercharger-Coral Gables, FL? Posting #47

What I don't understand is, since they were close to completion, why they didn't simply install some of the charging terminals strictly for the use of service center operations even if they legitimately changed their minds about the feasibility of making them publically available?

Larry

Kind of figured that...

Hate to have to use the WAWA location as it is far from the Turnpike... Great if you travel I-95...

Also hate to use I-95.... Between the trucks/flying debris and the stupid drivers in Palm Beach County, it's a death trap...