Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla service centre coming Newcastle, UK - Silverlink

CMc1

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2019
North, UK
Job listings have gone live for new service centre at Silverlink, Newcastle.

For those not aware, this is small retail park. There is already Jaguar/Land Rover, Porche, Aston Martin, Bentley, Audi, BMW plus others... garages here within 1/4 mile.
Tesla about to be added to the mix

EVMeister

Lover of Tesla
Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2018
England
That's fantastic. I expect to be a Tesla owner next year. Having the nearest service centres in Leeds and Edinburgh would've been a bit inconvenient for me, but I would've lived with it. But Silverlink is about 3 miles away from me, so that's great!

Last edited:

CMc1

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2019
North, UK
That's fantastic. I expect to be a Tesla owner next year. Having the nearest service centres in Leeds and Edinburgh wouldn't been a bit inconvenient for me, but I would've lived with it. But Silverlink is about 3 miles away from me, so that's great!
If you want a model 3 tour, let me know

CMc1

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2019
North, UK
Not too sure where though. Service centre Leeds staff were saying they’ve already got a plot sorted. Only place I know of is around the back of BMW / Mazda.

No planning permission submitted to NTC (on their site) as of yet, to build or renovate an existing building... unless it’s “protected” just now.

Others from local area may also be interested to know FastNed charger plans are official for FOUR new ultra rapid chargers (with Tesla adapter pole), consisting of 175kW and 50kW, at Bournemouth Gardens car park, Whitley Bay sea front, near Spanish city.

607060E2-2F99-4F92-89BB-8217652742EC.jpeg
9E8DE807-0396-4C99-BAB7-809490126402.jpeg

Daverh

Jul 7, 2019
Newcastle
That's a couple of minutes from my office :)

That plot behind BMW/Mini does look like a possibility and there's another plot of undeveloped land to the north of the new Stratstone JLR garage too (it's currently just an unfinished junction leading to grass)

Reactions: CMc1

im85288

Aug 31, 2019
Newcastle
About time they brought one to Newcastle, shame it's not going to be based near the ones next to Scotswood row but having the option to go local rather than to Leeds for any needed work is something to look forward too.

Daverh

Jul 7, 2019
Newcastle
About time they brought one to Newcastle, shame it's not going to be based near the ones next to Scotswood row but having the option to go local rather than to Leeds for any needed work is something to look forward too.

Yeah I'd have preferred Scotswood Road too but it's better than nothing.

jimbo_hippo

Sep 15, 2019
Manchester UK
Yeah I'd have preferred Scotswood Road too but it's better than nothing.
At least the nightmare A19/Coast Rd roundabout is no more. Lived in Tynemouth for many years before heading to London etc and my lads still live there. The reworking of that junction was long overdue by a couple of decades!

Reactions: CMc1

Daverh

Jul 7, 2019
Newcastle
At least the nightmare A19/Coast Rd roundabout is no more. Lived in Tynemouth for many years before heading to London etc and my lads still live there. The reworking of that junction was long overdue by a couple of decades!
That plus the additional tunnel have made life so much easier for local commuters and the Testo's roundabout improvements will be an additional boost.

I once missed the exit for Cobalt and what should have been an extra 5 minutes made me an hour late to the office.

jimbo_hippo

Sep 15, 2019
Manchester UK
[QUOTE="

Others from local area may also be interested to know FastNed charger plans are official for FOUR new ultra rapid chargers (with Tesla adapter pole), consisting of 175kW and 50kW, at Bournemouth Gardens car park, Whitley Bay sea front, near Spanish city.

View attachment 465724 View attachment 465725[/QUOTE]

cMc1, are these anywhere near active on the Bournemouth Gardens carpark yet? I'm up to visit my lads for a 21st celebration soon and this could work out better than Washington Services in our schedule.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC