TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Tesla service centre coming Newcastle, UK - Silverlink

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by CMc1, Oct 11, 2019.

1. CMc1

CMc1 Supporting Member

Job listings have gone live for new service centre at Silverlink, Newcastle.

For those not aware, this is small retail park. There is already Jaguar/Land Rover, Porche, Aston Martin, Bentley, Audi, BMW plus others... garages here within 1/4 mile.
    Tesla about to be added to the mix

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 2
    • Love x 1
  2. EVMeister

EVMeister Lover of Tesla

#2 EVMeister, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    That's fantastic. I expect to be a Tesla owner next year. Having the nearest service centres in Leeds and Edinburgh would've been a bit inconvenient for me, but I would've lived with it. But Silverlink is about 3 miles away from me, so that's great!

• Like x 2
  3. CMc1

CMc1 Supporting Member

If you want a model 3 tour, let me know

• Like x 2
  4. kuruma

kuruma Member

yes yes yes yes... and dead easy access via the Tyne Tunnel from the A19. Couldn't be happier with that.

• Like x 2
  5. Big_G

Big_G Member

Excellent news! Trip through the tunnel is better than a trip to Leeds or Edinburgh

• Like x 2
  6. Johnny5

Johnny5 Member

ooooh!!!! I wonder when this is opening? I live 5 minutes away, and collection here would be better than getting the train to Edinburgh or Leeds.

• Like x 1
  7. cutthroat_jake

cutthroat_jake New Member

I was told by a Tesla Ranger last week that it would be "Q1" 2020, so around March ish.

• Informative x 1
  8. CMc1

CMc1 Supporting Member

Not too sure where though. Service centre Leeds staff were saying they’ve already got a plot sorted. Only place I know of is around the back of BMW / Mazda.

No planning permission submitted to NTC (on their site) as of yet, to build or renovate an existing building... unless it’s “protected” just now.

Others from local area may also be interested to know FastNed charger plans are official for FOUR new ultra rapid chargers (with Tesla adapter pole), consisting of 175kW and 50kW, at Bournemouth Gardens car park, Whitley Bay sea front, near Spanish city.

607060E2-2F99-4F92-89BB-8217652742EC.jpeg 9E8DE807-0396-4C99-BAB7-809490126402.jpeg

• Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  9. Johnny5

Johnny5 Member

Good to know. I use the CYCs occasionally there, so looks like the whole front of the car park is going to be EV'd.

10. Daverh

Daverh Member

That's a couple of minutes from my office :)

That plot behind BMW/Mini does look like a possibility and there's another plot of undeveloped land to the north of the new Stratstone JLR garage too (it's currently just an unfinished junction leading to grass)

• Like x 1
  11. im85288

im85288 Member

About time they brought one to Newcastle, shame it's not going to be based near the ones next to Scotswood row but having the option to go local rather than to Leeds for any needed work is something to look forward too.

12. Daverh

Daverh Member

Yeah I'd have preferred Scotswood Road too but it's better than nothing.

13. UrbanSplash

UrbanSplash Member

This is great news. I work at Cobalt. Will have a chat with the park staff and see if they know anything

• Like x 2
  14. JMcL96

JMcL96 New Member

That offer still open if you just want to see how cool it is :) I want one but its not in my budget right now but hopefully at some point in the next year or two I'd like to have one

15. jimbo_hippo

jimbo_hippo Member

At least the nightmare A19/Coast Rd roundabout is no more. Lived in Tynemouth for many years before heading to London etc and my lads still live there. The reworking of that junction was long overdue by a couple of decades!

• Like x 1
  16. Daverh

Daverh Member

That plus the additional tunnel have made life so much easier for local commuters and the Testo's roundabout improvements will be an additional boost.

I once missed the exit for Cobalt and what should have been an extra 5 minutes made me an hour late to the office.

• Like x 2
  17. CMc1

CMc1 Supporting Member

PM me

18. kuruma

kuruma Member

let's hope they open the A19 north of Testos before the Silverlink SC

• Like x 1
  19. CMc1

CMc1 Supporting Member

9CF8434A-EF5E-4AAB-BFC8-192610A65870.jpeg

FYI for those in the area

• Like x 2
  20. jimbo_hippo

jimbo_hippo Member

[QUOTE="

Others from local area may also be interested to know FastNed charger plans are official for FOUR new ultra rapid chargers (with Tesla adapter pole), consisting of 175kW and 50kW, at Bournemouth Gardens car park, Whitley Bay sea front, near Spanish city.

View attachment 465724 View attachment 465725 [/QUOTE]

cMc1, are these anywhere near active on the Bournemouth Gardens carpark yet? I'm up to visit my lads for a 21st celebration soon and this could work out better than Washington Services in our schedule.