Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla service centre coming Newcastle, UK - Silverlink

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“" said:
Others from local area may also be interested to know FastNed charger plans are official for FOUR new ultra rapid chargers (with Tesla adapter pole), consisting of 175kW and 50kW, at Bournemouth Gardens car park, Whitley Bay sea front, near Spanish city.

View attachment 465724 View attachment 465725

cMc1, are these anywhere near active on the Bournemouth Gardens carpark yet? I'm up to visit my lads for a 21st celebration soon and this could work out better than Washington Services in our schedule.
Not yet. Hadn’t even started digging last time I passed. There are free 7kW, however you have to pay for parking within certain times.

Another option is, some 50kW units at the Tynemouth Aquarium which are “ready to go”, but electric blue haven’t activated them yet. Their Twitter [LINK] said they were having issues and would be live by end of November, but still aren’t active, as of yet.

There is also a FastNed 150kW in South Shields. (Now costs per kWh)

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
Not yet. Hadn’t even started digging last time I passed. There are free 7kW, however you have to pay for parking within certain times.

Another option is, some 50kW units at the Tynemouth Aquarium which are “ready to go”, but electric blue haven’t activated them yet. Their Twitter [LINK] said they were having issues and would be live by end of November, but still aren’t active, as of yet.

There is also a FastNed 150kW in South Shields. (Now costs per kWh)
Thanks cMc1 Looks like North and South Tyneside have got their act together a little better than my current location, Ramsbottom in Lancs where we have the usual tragic looking white box that everyone forgot in the corner of a dark car park and next to nowt else. Thank the Lawd we don't go far in the LEAF and have home charging.

Another option is, some 50kW units at the Tynemouth Aquarium which are “ready to go”, but electric blue haven’t activated them yet.

I installed the Electric Blue app as they've taken over a few chargers in Northumberland and it's one of the few I've felt compelled to review on the Play store due to the frequent notifications advertising other services offered by the payment processor.

Reactions: CMc1
Recent visit to Leeds SC this week have said Newcastle is currently offering test drives from that location and service will open next month.

Still touted as Silverlink. No idea where as I haven’t spotted it on my local travels...

• Informative
Reactions: EVMeister
It’s in Tyne tunnel trading estate.

8F2BBCE5-5701-42C5-815F-1698DAADD1CF.png

It’s next to Vroom. No real signposts since it’s only a temporary location. I was there for a test drive today. They will apparently be moving the units / buildings next to where they currently are set up. Also mentioned that deliveries from the this location will be another 3-4 months. The SC is going to be there as well.