Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla store coming soon to Boston

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like a great high foot traffic location! Any locals organizing a grand opening after party at The Top of the Hub?

btw, anyone know if Red's in ME is still open for the season?

Red's Eats in Wiscasset?

https://www.facebook.com/Reds-Eats-175139778087/timeline/

Apparently, yes.

Last year on 10/22/2014 they had a Facebook post saying "Thanks for another GREAT season!!
Great to meet many new friends and see our regular, loyal customers!
It doesn't get any better!!
Stay well and see you in April!!". Columbus Day 2014 was 10/13, so it would make sense that they close at the end of the Columbus Day week.

This store will be in The Shops at the Prudential Center, a relatively upscale mall connected to a very upscale mall, Copley Place. These two malls, taken together, attract a huge amount of tourist foot-traffic, particularly from international clientele (there's an foreign currency exchange kiosk in Copley Place). Great exposure for Tesla Motors. This may be one of the few malls where Tesla has a presence but not Apple; the (huge) Apple store is just across the street, though.

This project is moving ahead quickly. Just received an email invitation this morning. I didn't get an invite to Dedham, so perhaps others outside MA will also get an invitation to Boston.

Tesla Prudential Center Grand Opening VIP Reception‏ Thursday, Nov. 12th 6pm-8pm We know you share our enthusiasm for Tesla’s mission of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable transport, so we’d like to invite you to celebrate the opening of Tesla’s newest sales location in Boston.

Come enjoy a night of light bites and drinks alongside your fellow Model S and Roadster owners, and future Model X owners.

Thank you for your continued support of Tesla, we look forward to seeing you at Tesla Prudential Center. Please consider your RSVP as confirmation of your attendance.

Due to limited availability, vehicle charging will be offered on a first come, first served basis.

Does anybody know where the charging stations will be exactly? The parking garage there can be quite tricky and confusing.

I got the email this morning as well, much faster than expected :)

It's where they've always been in the Pru garage. Prudential Center | Boston, MA | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Two Level 2, ChargePoint RFID card required. Located in South Garage, P1 Red Level C and D.

Cost $1.25/hr, 4 hr limit (on top of parking...) - it used to be free.

I was left with the impression that there would be Tesla HPWC's installed somewhere there as well besides those. I rarely park in the Prudential as there is the Lenox right there for about the same price or fairly easy street parking depending on the time of the day.

There are 5 free ChargePoints (30A) over at the John Hancock Tower garage (100 Clarendon St), which is a short walk from the Pru (free with paid parking, that is). They're up on Level 6, east side. In bad weather you can cut over to the Copley Place mall and walk through to the Shops at the Pru entirely indoors.

Thanks to a co-worker who lives in the South End...

image.jpg

Apparently the store is near where the food court used to be.

Last edited:
Does that charger have signage?? That is one area where the electrification movement needs to improve. Poor signage. If I go there without knowing it is on level 6 east side, I wouldn't charge there period !! Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to the opening of this store.

Does anybody know where the charging stations will be exactly? The parking garage there can be quite tricky and confusing.

I got the email this morning as well, much faster than expected :)

I don't understand why I get some Tesla emails but no invite to this or Dedham openings... You'd think having an S for nearly three years and an X reservation for over a year would get me an invite!

I don't understand why I get some Tesla emails but no invite to this or Dedham openings... You'd think having an S for nearly three years and an X reservation for over a year would get me an invite!

Peter, I did not make the cut either and I just ordered a new Model S 70D. Seriously, I think they may have a space limitation on how many people can come to the opening event.