TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Tesla Store - Park Meadows

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by 3lectronica, Jun 2, 2011.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

2. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

There's at least 2 Roadster available there! :wink:

3. doug

4. doug

So apparently they're closing the store on Pearl Street in Bolder, CO.

Here's some local news:

Tesla Motors store at Park Meadows aims to entice, engage - The Denver Post
    9news.com Video

Tesla charges into Park Meadows mall | Denver Business Journal

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Reminder - the Boulder store was always intended to be temporary.
    Link: Tesla Motors part of temporary fill for downtown Boulder building - Boulder Daily Camera
    (I know some of the articles in the original Boulder store topic also mention the temporary nature, but I thought it was worth pointing it out here for those that don't go reading back through that old topic.)

6. GSP

GSP Member

I hope Tesla has similar plans to upgrade their Chicago location.

GSP

7. howabout2

howabout2 Member

Can one of our users in the local area get us a higher-resolution photo of that black Model S photo?

8. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

first_done.jpg

9. PopSmith

PopSmith Saving for a Model 3

For what it's worth, both locations are (were?) about an hour from Denver International Airport.

Maybe they're trying to entice an impulse buyers? :wink:

Also, this might sound silly but how are they going to give test drives out of the new location? IIRC, at the now-closed Boulder location they drove the Roadster out the back when I took it for test drive but I can't see that happening in a mall! :tongue:

They have a 1024x767 resolution version in the Model S gallery, if that helps at all. Here's a direct link.

10. strider

strider Active Member

Well, at the Santana Row store in San Jose there is a parking garage behind the store and they have a dedicated/branded area for demo cars w/ chargers there. You just walk out the back of the store and the demo cars are there. Perhaps they'll have a similar setup in DEN.

11. howabout2

howabout2 Member

12. PopSmith

Yeah, it does and I'm not a huge fan of black vehicles because I find it a bit tough to keep them looking good. I like that they've shown Model S is multiple colors as they continue development. Hopefully Tesla will continue to show off other (factory available) colors for Model S as they continue to refine the Alpha (and/or Beta?) models.

Back on topic, maybe it's just me but I think the Roadster helps make small places (like the now-closed Boulder store) feel larger than they actually are.

13. doug

Yeah, probably. In case you didn't notice the Denver Post article has a 17 photo gallery.

One of which shows a spot in the parking garage they had set up for demo rides.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Photos: Tesla - Electric Sports Car Showroom In Park Meadows | Denver Post Media Center — Denver, Colorado, Photos and Video

14. PopSmith

Cool, those were some nice pictures. Is that a (fake?) Roadster motor mounted on the wall? (above the yellow Tesla at this angle)

[​IMG]

Also, Ben (he's in that first picture in Doug's post) is a way nice guy. If he's still working at Tesla when I get in a financial position to buy a Model S I wouldn't hesitate for a second to call him about a reservation or to schedule a Model S test drive when they are available.

15. doug

Yes, looks like a cutaway Roadster motor for illustrative purposes. Also that car is probably "Very Orange", but as Scott will tell you, color is broken on the web.

16. Nvbob

Nvbob Roadster 1256

It is a cutaway motor with a free spinning rotor. They have the same display at the Santana store.

17. PopSmith

Ah, thanks for the info. That's pretty cool to see it mounted to the wall like that.

As for the "Very Orange" Roadster, I just noticed there are yellow and orange shells next to each other on the wall behind the Roadsters. And on my monitor the "orange" just looks like a "tinted" yellow, probably due to silly web colors.

18. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

More likely your monitor is the problem. Try a Color Spyder.

19. SByer

SByer '08 #383

Eh. Could also be the browser. Not all browsers support profile tags properly (including *cough* Chrome, sigh). The web platform has a number of remaining deficiencies. Proper color handling is a big one.

Also, sometimes the profile gets dropped when someone tries to squeeze the file for the web and doesn't know what they're doing. Because the photographer certainly didn't shoot in sRGB, but that's the profile that's supposed to be assumed for untagged images. It's all a crying shame, really.