Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Wireless Phone Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will receive my Taptes tomorrow it appears to have all the features of the Nomad and comes with two splitters for $49. Have to see what the quality looks like tomorrow.

been using the Taptes with two splitters for about a month now. No complaints or issues.

I'm also had the Taptes wireless charging for over 3 weeks now and it's been flawless in charging my iPhone X with no issues and they included two free USB splitters for dashcam. It's been a great product and would recommend to other Model 3 owners.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Pommie and Paul8810
Why do people need a wireless charger in the car?

I just use a regular cable on my Samsung S7 Edge and it works fine.
If you pair your phone you can use it without picking it up.
So I don't understand the quest for wireless charging.

No one "needs" a wireless charger, but we like them, for the same reason people like a wireless charger anywhere...it's simpler to just put a phone down on a pad than having to plug it in.

No one "needs" a Tesla for that matter...

No one "needs" a wireless charger, but we like them, for the same reason people like a wireless charger anywhere...it's simpler to just put a phone down on a pad than having to plug it in.

No one "needs" a Tesla for that matter...

True story and if you have an IPhone X or Samsung S10 battery life is so good you would rarely need to charge in the car. On the other hand why not :)

Why do people need a wireless charger in the car?

I just use a regular cable on my Samsung S7 Edge and it works fine.
If you pair your phone you can use it without picking it up.
So I don't understand the quest for wireless charging.
I will say this. I just had to replace my S8 because the charge port got to the point where it could no longer make a connection to charge. I am pretty sure this was from charging it in the car so much. I will be getting a wireless charger now. Just not sure if it will be Tesla's or not. I want to have dash cam connectivity as well.

Dan

• Helpful
Reactions: Pommie