Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New TeslaOffer SR+ Speaker Activation Wiring

SeanSethi81

Nov 15, 2020
Vancouver
I'm interested in this also. I'm awaiting delivery on my model 3 and I guess it'll only have the 4 unactivated speakers? Does activating them make a huge difference?

asian_xl

Apr 24, 2016
Hong Kong
Quite a few local SR+ owners have their kit installed and I personally sit in those cars. I heard they've addressed the wrong polarity happened from the supplier already. Definitely sounds better for the people sitting at the back, it is no where near the premium audio, but will sound much better with aftermarket mid and high speakers installed.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin

rfullerton

Jan 15, 2020
Morgan Hill, CA
Quite a few local SR+ owners have their kit installed and I personally sit in those cars. I heard they've addressed the wrong polarity happened from the supplier already. Definitely sounds better for the people sitting at the back, it is no where near the premium audio, but will sound much better with aftermarket mid and high speakers installed.
Are you speaking about the Hanshow kit or the TeslaOffer one?

SDM44

Aug 9, 2019
Los Angeles
How does this one compare to the Hansshow SR+ inactive wiring harness?

I just receive my Hannshow harness for my SR+, but I haven't out it in yet since my early March 2020 build didn't come with rear speakers so I'm looking for a used rear deck with speakers to swap into my car.

If the TeslaOffer kit is better to use, then I'll order one up and get rid of my Hansshow harness.

jlemdy

Mar 12, 2019
Orange county
I just installed the Hansshow DIY kit to activate 6 speakers. Like others said, I feel like I lost the punchy bass from the door speakers. I have been playing around with the EQ to get about 80% bass back.

rfullerton

Jan 15, 2020
Morgan Hill, CA
Just finished installing the TeslaOffer kit. I can verify that it activates the six speakers in my pre-March 2020 SR+. Sound quality seems improved, not extraordinarily different but much better highs and overall clarity. For the price and the ease of installation I’m happy with my decision.

Reactions: Pho3k and asian_xl

The_Observer

Feb 14, 2020
Los Angeles
Just finished installing the TeslaOffer kit. I can verify that it activates the six speakers in my pre-March 2020 SR+. Sound quality seems improved, not extraordinarily different but much better highs and overall clarity. For the price and the ease of installation I’m happy with my decision.

Are you able to raise the volume to near 100% without a problem?

895634RR

Dec 25, 2020
Las Vegas
Are you able to raise the volume to near 100% without a problem?
Has anyone installed a Hansshow audio upgrade in 2021 Model 3?

asian_xl

Apr 24, 2016
Hong Kong
Did you lose bass in the front speakers?

I am not an expert or representative of either shops, but from what I learned and listen in their customers' car, the bass channel is not affected, but the treble and mid are stretched to share the power with the disabled speakers. If you loss bass or somehow the immersive speakers are too louder, then you should speak with the shop.

rfullerton

Jan 15, 2020
Morgan Hill, CA
Because there are many reports of incorrect connections in the harnesses. Something to do with polarity that reduces bass in your front speakers.
I haven’t noticed anything, my bass still seems similar to before, but you could argue that it might be slightly less as there is way more high end sound in front of me now.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC