Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Thinner More Comfortable Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the headrests were straight, the adjustment was utterly useless anyway.
Both my wife (1.7m) and me (1.86m) are driving the car and we do not bothet having specific setting for it

Depends on your build and height I guess.

I love the adjustable headrests as at least for me, I can position the bottom curve of the headrest to align and support the back of my neck and it is super comfy that I'm able to adjust the headrest to do that. On a long drive, I can sit back and lean against the headrest and it doesn't just support my heck but the back of my neck perfectly with the height adjustment.

Wish they kept the adjustable headrest and also added adjustable seat belt anchors.

Depends on your build and height I guess.

I love the adjustable headrests as at least for me, I can position the bottom curve of the headrest to align and support the back of my neck and it is super comfy that I'm able to adjust the headrest to do that. On a long drive, I can sit back and lean against the headrest and it doesn't just support my heck but the back of my neck perfectly with the height adjustment.

Wish they kept the adjustable headrest and also added adjustable seat belt anchors.
Except if you drive with the seat completely reclined, no way your head is touching the headrest on a Model S. I do not believe it one bit

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
Just took delivery of a new Model X with the new thinner seats. I don't mind the headrest not being adjustable but I am disappointed that the Tesla coat hooks no longer are compatible with the design of the new head rest. Does anybody have a solution for this?

Talk to any EMT or cop, do wear your coat in winter, wreck and you could die of hypothermia even if you survive. Coat on, heating low.
Hot beverages cause severe burns, laptops and soda cans become projectiles, be safe.

I just toss coats in the trunk or if they're a bit more delicate or expensive, I fold them nicely into a suitcase. Of course, during city driving they're either on or are in the back seats. It would be stupid to go out with a coat in the winter, especially if driving on the highway or rural areas. I have never used a coat hook in my life, and my old Infiniti has four of them.

Picked up my new S LR+ yesterday, and it came with the new seats. Headrest not adjustable.

They do look good, and I found them quite comfortable on the two-hour drive home.

Does the headrest angle forward or is that just an illusion? In some pictures I've seen of the new seats, it seems like the headrest is angled, in others the seats look more comfortable than the previous ones. Send some pictures of the seats if you can...

In some pictures I've seen of the new seats, it seems like the headrest is angled, in others the seats look more comfortable than the previous ones.

It’s angled forward, which I find more comfortable than it looks like it should be. However, it probably helps if you are someone who actually likes having a headrest. I mean, it depends somewhat on how you position the back, but you are gonna feel that headrest is right there. No wearing a hat with a brim like my avatar.

Attachments

• seats.jpg
    seats.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 76