Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Thinner More Comfortable Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my 2020 raven today and I like the seats the ones in the picture with less meat seem they will hurt on long drives. I had recaros on my last car and they were a mix of racing plus luxury. On my e63 it had auto adjusting lumbar where it will inflate and deflate during turns to keep you in place I think a software update could do that on a Tesla :)

So if you ordered a month ago but still pending a VIN, you will be getting the new seats regardless of what was shown online on your order date? Hopefully they are improved and the more comfortable padding has been well tested. So many older seats just look terrible as if they need to be re-stuffed.

You'll have to show us your paper work that shows 2020 unless America has some crazy law 2020 starts in 2019
Unfortunately it’s true. Any “model year” can be designated at the discretion of the manufacturer as early as Jan 2nd of the preceding year. Tesla designating its model years in the actual year the car was made was actually something of an aberration until now. In the US, it’s pretty common for a given model year to begin sale in the summer or fall of the previous year - e.g. most manufacturers have been selling their 2020 models for several months at this point. Doesn’t make sense, but then again we’re one of 3 countries in the world that doesn’t use the metric system of measurements (along with the other scientific/industrial powerhouses of Liberia and Myanmar).

Car and Driver article with a little background on model years in the US: Why New-Car Model Years Aren't in Sync with the Calendar – News – Car and Driver

voltage is not making it up. You can buy a 2020 Model S right now, direct from the Tesla site.

Every other car manufacturer in the U.S. releases the new model year during the Fall. This has been the case for decades. Tesla bucked the trend by adhering to calendar year but has now adopted the same industry practice as their peers.

Screenshot_20191207-192949_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: KyleDay