Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New: ticket-avoidance-mode for Model S.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was totally surprised to get my first moving violation in decades on my first road trip out of state. The law they say I violated is supposed to be a law in California too, since 2007. After I got the ticket I noticed that everyone in Wyoming is doing as the officer said, pull out of the right lane when there is something parked on the shoulder. $250!!

Now don't get me wrong. I don't wanna hit an officer, but the officer in question was on the OTHER side of the car he had pulled over. But like clockwork every one I passed after the ticket had vehicles pulling out of the right lane. Then I left Wyoming and the whole drive back and all the time since I got back I have observed NO ONE pulling over one lane. QUITE frustrating.

Anyone else been bit by this? I really thought moving to a self (ish) driving car would allow me to forget about getting a ticket for not noticing a speed limit change (my last ticket from the early days of my marriage) or any other laws that the car would be smart enough to know. I was very taken aback to be bit so fast after getting the new car.

-Randy

If he is at the other side of the car that he pulled over. How did you get a ticket? You were looking at him and he waved you to the side to wait for him to finish that car first and write you a ticket after? :p Or did he remember your car and chase you down 10 min later?

Decades ago I was on a cross country road trip and got pulled over in Wyoming. I asked what I did wrong and he said "I saw you had California plates and decided to pull you over and write you a ticket". Unbelievable brashness. Revenue collection praying on "out of towners".
You basically drove through an unmarked toll road...

(the ticket was written up saying I was going 1mph over the speed limit)

They know you are unlikely to come back to fight it in court.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Need