Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tires killed my range (20-30% decrease)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For reference, I replaced my rear Michelin tires on my 2020 model 3 stealth at 17,000 miles (they had maybe 4,000 miles left but didn’t want to mess with buying new tires in the middle of a long upcoming roadtrip). Decided to put Bridgestone Potenza Re980AS tires on the back. So far no issues…seems to run the same mileage (after 2000 miles my lifetime wh per mile is still sitting at 259). They had a slight hum on perfectly smooth new pavement that has reduced a fair amount over time…seem a little quieter on crappy cement roads than before. But really hard to tell as still have Michelin’s in the front. Price at Firestone installed and alignment corrected was under $500 for the pair. Handling is fine (up in the mountains at the moment). I might look into falkens next time…I’ve always had good luck with those and they’ve always been quieter on my heavier cars. Wish there was a set of Kevlar tires for the Tesla…love the Goodyear ones I have on my Tahoe…they really quieted the ride down, even being big knobby tires…and no flats ever on them so far in 11 years.