Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tires Noise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone and Happy New Year.

Last month I install 4 new 19" Martian Wheels with Vredestein Quatrac Pro Tires. This was on my Model Y Performance with 21's. Car was fine with 21's. When I drive with 19" wheels I hear a humming sound, mostly around 40-45 mph. Tirerack sent me 4 new tires, and the same sound is happening. Maybe a little more noticeable.

Do you think this is a tire noise problem or bearings?

I can't tell location of sound but I do feel the hum in my steering wheel. The First set of Quatrac I asked a tesla mechanic that installed TPMS and he says it's because All Season Tires.

I will be changing to my 21" in the next few days to see if the sound goes away. Hopefully this will narrow down my options.

I have the same tires on a set of 19" Tsportline TSV wheels and get the exact same hum and subtle vibration at 42-43mph. It's must be the tires here. I like everything about the tires EXCEPT this issue. If an alignment fixes it, I'll be extra happy to pay for that... Otherwise I'm going to by another set of tires pretty quick

I purchased these tires based on the recommendations on the Forum and overall like them but they do make a humming/whine Sound at moderate freeway speeds (I can’t give you the exact miles per hour).
Some people claim that it transformed the driving experience and made it much smoother and quieter and I have not found that to be the case. I think they may be slightly quieter than the continentals that came on my long range all wheel drive but it is not a night and day difference for sure.
One reason that I went ahead with the purchase is that we drive up to the mountains from the bay area lot and therefore encounter rain and snow and they sound like a very safe tire based on the reviews.
For me, the humming sound is not loud enough to be a big issue especially compared to the already very loud road noise dinner is the cabin anyway.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung