Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tires, use Tesla service appointment option using tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another thing not mentioned here. Tesla does not offer hazard insurance for any replacements you buy from them. They’re not too uncompetitive on pricing for mobile service, though the free hazard insurance for most tires is particularly useful for heavy cars on soft, summer, rubber.

• Informative
Reactions: Dre78
I almost found out the hard way with a different Tesla Roadside flat repair that not all the tow truck drivers that bring you a loaner wheel know how high to torque our lug nuts, so no matter who does your tires, make sure they torque your lug nuts properly.

4 mounted 18” tires will fit in a 3 with your seats folded down. I put a furniture pad down and picked up my takeoffs that way.
The 20" will too, that's how they delivery them nowadays in Norway, with seats down and summer tires in the back.
Although, they managed to damage my interior in two places :(

One potential benefit of using a dealership, at least over here, is that they only operate with their own rims and tires. A tire shop has to deal with a myriad of different options, and they tend to make an educated guess on how to proceed. Especially now that we get stretched 235's on the Urberturbines.

The 20" will too, that's how they delivery them nowadays in Norway, with seats down and summer tires in the back.
Although, they managed to damage my interior in two places :(

One potential benefit of using a dealership, at least over here, is that they only operate with their own rims and tires. A tire shop has to deal with a myriad of different options, and they tend to make an educated guess on how to proceed. Especially now that we get stretched 235's on the Urberturbines.
Do you mean your car was delivered with extra summer tires in the back? Mounted on extra wheels? Did you order the extra tires or are all Norwegian cars delivered with both summers and winters? Please excuse all my questions but I haven’t been able to travel anywhere this year, so these little differences are exciting!

Sorry to hear they damaged your interior. I hope it wasn’t too bad. Did they fix it for you or was it something you just accepted?

Do you mean your car was delivered with extra summer tires in the back? Mounted on extra wheels? Did you order the extra tires or are all Norwegian cars delivered with both summers and winters? Please excuse all my questions but I haven’t been able to travel anywhere this year, so these little differences are exciting!

Sorry to hear they damaged your interior. I hope it wasn’t too bad. Did they fix it for you or was it something you just accepted?
Delivery in Norway at the moment is a nightmare, they do a "200 point check" of the car and you get the chance to go over it, but it's outside in the dark and snow/rain. Anything wrong with the car needs to be reported within a few days or 100 miles or so*. Also, I didn't see the scrape in the loading bay and seats before the tires were taken out, for obvious reasons.

Winter tires are mandatory in most or all municipalities during the winter**, so it's very common to order a car with them. Also, we don't pay taxes on EVs, so everything the car is delivered with is exempt. If you buy tires after delivery there's an additional 25% tax on them.
If you order winter tires with your Tesla in Norway they'll swap the stock ones for winter during the winter months.
In Norway it would be illegal to drive with summer tires if there's icy roads, so it's probably to make sure they don't have 200 customers changing tires (and damaging battery packs) in the parking lot upon delivery.

* Anything wrong that you could have caused yourself, like dents, scrapes, etc. Warranty still applies to everything else.

** There's no law that says "Winter tires during winter months". The traffic law states "proper tires for the conditions", so if your winter never goes below 5 degrees you could drive on summer tires all year. There is however a law which limits the use of studded winter tires during winter months, except if you're traveling somewhere you need them (up in our mountain cabins usually).

• Informative
Reactions: EVNation and Dre78
Installation fee? Yes

New TPMS? No, same ones

xn2Hm0e.png

yikes they really gouged you on those replacement certificates. Ugh.

Winter tires are mandatory in most or all municipalities during the winter**, so it's very common to order a car with them.
Wish this was the case in Canada. Getting a new car and having it delivered with summer tires in December, at -7C, and then having to park it until I can buy/install winters somewhere is frustrating.

Should have just come with them from the delivery center.

Delivery in Norway at the moment is a nightmare, they do a "200 point check" of the car and you get the chance to go over it, but it's outside in the dark and snow/rain. Anything wrong with the car needs to be reported within a few days or 100 miles or so*. Also, I didn't see the scrape in the loading bay and seats before the tires were taken out, for obvious reasons.

Winter tires are mandatory in most or all municipalities during the winter**, so it's very common to order a car with them. Also, we don't pay taxes on EVs, so everything the car is delivered with is exempt. If you buy tires after delivery there's an additional 25% tax on them.
If you order winter tires with your Tesla in Norway they'll swap the stock ones for winter during the winter months.
In Norway it would be illegal to drive with summer tires if there's icy roads, so it's probably to make sure they don't have 200 customers changing tires (and damaging battery packs) in the parking lot upon delivery.

* Anything wrong that you could have caused yourself, like dents, scrapes, etc. Warranty still applies to everything else.

** There's no law that says "Winter tires during winter months". The traffic law states "proper tires for the conditions", so if your winter never goes below 5 degrees you could drive on summer tires all year. There is however a law which limits the use of studded winter tires during winter months, except if you're traveling somewhere you need them (up in our mountain cabins usually).
Thank you for the detailed reply! It makes a lot of sense to do it the way you did, except you probably weren’t expecting them to transport your tires inside your car. And not use any kind of sheet to protect your interior.

Interesting that your car was delivered with winters on it, when the Canadians are reporting that theirs are being delivered with summers.

yikes they really gouged you on those replacement certificates. Ugh.

Wasn't sure at first but I just decided to get it. Was $950 without the certificates for 4 Michelin PS4S's. Try to get a deal like that for those tires lol

My original stock Conti Silents only lasted 18,400 miles so I figure with these new ones if they don't last at least 30k then I'm covered + they pay a certain amount on my next set of tires if my current set doesn't last as long as it should :cool:

Wasn't sure at first but I just decided to get it. Was $950 without the certificates for 4 Michelin PS4S's. Try to get a deal like that for those tires lol

My original stock Conti Silents only lasted 18,400 miles so I figure with these new ones if they don't last at least 30k then I'm covered + they pay a certain amount on my next set of tires if my current set doesn't last as long as it should :cool:
It’s america tire in the local area right? I was thinking of going to T.O. Branch since they’re likely to service more Tesla’s over there then here.