Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I swear by the Michelin Primacy MXM4. Great performance, reasonable price and longevity.
I'm glad you swear "by" them. The wife was swearing "at" them. I love Michelin and have always used their tires for DECADES on all my cars. So when it came time several months ago to put new tires on the X, I naturally chose this one.

Immediately we noticed more road noise. After a couple of days, the wife asked if we could change them. Hesitantly I went back and suggested maybe we just go back to the original Continental brand. The dealer was really nice about it and teased me to try Pirelli tires for the model X. BIG difference in road noise to us. Even quieter than the original tires. Also good performance and great price. 5 months now and still love them. Of course I still am a fan of Michelin and always will be, but just not on the X.

I'm glad you swear "by" them. The wife was swearing "at" them. I love Michelin and have always used their tires for DECADES on all my cars. So when it came time several months ago to put new tires on the X, I naturally chose this one.

Immediately we noticed more road noise. After a couple of days, the wife asked if we could change them. Hesitantly I went back and suggested maybe we just go back to the original Continental brand. The dealer was really nice about it and teased me to try Pirelli tires for the model X. BIG difference in road noise to us. Even quieter than the original tires. Also good performance and great price. 5 months now and still love them. Of course I still am a fan of Michelin and always will be, but just not on the X.

P7’s?

i honestly think this question really needs to ask what size your rims are....

If your on the 21's your very limited to what you can get.
If you have 19's the sky's the limit.

That being said, i am on 21's so i hear nothing but praise for Michillian Super Sports.
Although i had to replace one after only 3k miles, because i ran over a concrete rebar sticking out or some sort.
The hole was very big and unpatchable. :\

Was not too happy that the tire alone costed me 400 dollars tho.. :T

If i was on 19's tho, i absolutely love goodyear eagles f1.
They however do not wear very nicely, and are quite extreme in that new tire vs used tire feel immediately.
(meaning when they are new, they grip like no other... as they get used, it feels like a normal tire and very quickly degrade to not so great.)

I also like Conti's, they feel pretty much the same thoughout its entire life, same with bridgestones.
Yokohama's and Perelli's Zero's are also good from what i hear.

If you want budget and dont care too much about top handling but still want a good tire, Hankook are not bad either.

I do not like BFgoodridge, or dunlops.... i like to hear my music, and not the road noise...

Last edited:

They are terrible in the wet.

In the tires at least for X, there is a sound dampening material inserted into the tire.

Do the new oem tires come already with that or the tire installer add this?

New OEM tires come with the dampening material. My December 2017 Model S came with the acoustic tires. You can identify them on the Michelins with this logo:

michelin-acoustic.jpg

ny video
In the tires at least for X, there is a sound dampening material inserted into the tire.

Do the new oem tires come already with that or the tire installer add this?

Funny video.... and informative. I was aware of some tires having a foam although never seen it. I was just wondering about the posting of another person asking if quieting foam is added by a dealer. That is what I never heard about. Sounds like it would be too easy to change the balance of the tire if not done evenly....... just guessing.