Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to forum from NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all I'm new to the forum and I live in Morris County, NJ. I'm a bit addicted to cars standard fuel based card owning a 911 GT3, CLS 63 and V10 TDI Toureg. The latter is my daily commuter to NYC for work.

Ive been following Tesla for many years and really started thinking about switching to EV a year or so ago but was very hesitant to buy into a fledgling car company given the last US IPO car company was Ford and others have tried and failed. I was all concerned given the bad press Fisker has been receiving.

My interest further peaked when I would see a fellow in a green roadster with the license plate NOPEC commuting around the Lincoln Tunnel helix. He was obviously getting the best fuel economy on the commute and his plate was rather clever.

When the model S received car of the year that pushed me off the fence and I put out my reservation money and I'm now 13,516. I may also decide that I'd prefer the Model X to the Model S but we'll see as time progresses. I haven't test driven the car due to the bad weather here in NJ but will do so in the next few weeks. I've heard after the test drive there's no turning back. :)

My daily commute is 54 miles round trip but I prefer the performance model although range is no issue given that distance.

I hope to learn a lot from all of you that have done more research and are more knowledgable on the topic.

Cheers,
Rob

Hey I'm pretty much the same as you. I live in NJ and commute to NY over 100 miles round trip daily with Range Rover Evoque right now which was killing me in gas. I'm selling the Range Rover and I am now also model S reservation #13,306 so right there with ya!