Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to FSD need some info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question. Just got our Y about 2 weeks ago just barely over a 1k miles Safety score 98, Just did 700 mile road trip 675 all on Auto pilot. I know no one knows when you get beta. My question is my wifes co worker who has the subscription and FSD said because she is on the most current software 2022.28.200 That the Beta is not compatible and she would not be getting it any time soon. That just did not seem correct as I can't see cars not getting new software and loosing the beta. Any truth to that?

Quick question. Just got our Y about 2 weeks ago just barely over a 1k miles Safety score 98, Just did 700 mile road trip 675 all on Auto pilot. I know no one knows when you get beta. My question is my wifes co worker who has the subscription and FSD said because she is on the most current software 2022.28.200 That the Beta is not compatible and she would not be getting it any time soon. That just did not seem correct as I can't see cars not getting new software and loosing the beta. Any truth to that?
2022.28.200 is a factory build, which is normal for new cars. The car will remain on factory build until any changes that are specific to the factory build are integrated into the mainline build. Which looks like 2022.36.2 based on TeslaFi. So that would most likely be the next update for her car.

Currently FSD beta is on 2022.20.18, which is earlier than 2022.36.2. I personally have never seen a car downgraded in version. Which means she won't get an FSD build until it based on a build that is newer than she has on her car, and is a mainline build. I.e. it would need to be later than 2022.36.2.

There is a new FSD 10.69.3 that should be coming out in the next week to select few, then a few weeks later to the rest of us. I.e. after a few dot version, e.g. 10.69.3.2. Hopefully that build is based on 2022.36. In which case your wife may get an update to an FSD build. However if the next FSD is based on an earlier main build, e.g. 2022.28, then she is out of luck until next release.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
"not be getting it any time soon" is relative. No one knows for sure when the next batch will roll out. Patiently keep driving safely, with an eye toward maintaining that high safety score. I was able to get in after three months.

I would not recommend declining any software updates. If you refuse updates, Tesla may think you are not that interested anymore.
If leading theories are correct, there are currently a few people eager to get into the beta who wish they had not updated the software.

But they do have movable repeater camera streams which I covet and would take over FSD Beta. But why not both?