Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to me 16' MX P90DL 0-60 high 4's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Purchased my vehicle from Tesla on October 16. Tesla website says my 0-60 times should be 3 seconds, yet I am consistently only getting times in the high 4's.

Tesla service asked me to give them timestamps the next time I did 0-60 and I gave them some the very next day. Now they are saying that there is no way for them to test my 0-60 times and there is nothing that they can do. I asked them for an escalation contact but then they went radio silent. All through text so at least it's documented.

A few things about my vehicle:
2016 P90DL
It was a lease turn in per Tesla
6xxx vin
31K miles
Never in an accident
Version 3 battery
Ludicrous enabled at the factory as per the window sticker
90% is 212 miles
22" factory wheels with new Goodyear tires
6 seat config

My last 0-60 test I was on very low suspension, Ludicrous+ with max battery on, range mode off, and 95% full battery. It was only me in the vehicle. I timed it from a launch and from a roll out on level road. I have tried various combos of all of this but nothing really changes much. I even tried it downhill and it was still over 4 seconds 0-60. I've tried different stop watches just to rule that out. A person could argue that I'm not using the stopwatch correctly and all I can say is yes I know how to use a stopwatch to time a 0-60 time. I can take a video tomorrow and post it if anyone wants to see it.

There is no shudder, but there is a loud knocking sound coming from the front of the vehicle on fast acceleration. Service guy took it for a test drive with me and said that was a normal sound and that he couldn't feel any vibrations so nothing for them to fix. No idea if that is normal or related.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on how to diagnose or fix this issue? Ever heard of this before? Am I doing something wrong? Do 0-60 times degrade over time?

No I haven't tried that. Didn't know it made a difference. I select Ludicrous+ and select max battery and let it warm up for 30 min or so. I'll have to search to see what launch mode does. Could it really reduce my 0-60 by over a second? I'll test it out in the morning.

To be clear, are you saying that displaying the warp speed graphics does something different than regular launch mode? I just searched the forums and don't see anything that says that is the case?

I understand and use launch mode, hold the brake, press and release gas, launch mode enabled appears, press gas, motors torque, release brake and go. I just don't understand what the warp speed graphics add to the equation and didn't find the answer searching the forum.

No I haven't tried that. Didn't know it made a difference. I select Ludicrous+ and select max battery and let it warm up for 30 min or so. I'll have to search to see what launch mode does. Could it really reduce my 0-60 by over a second? I'll test it out in the morning.

You need to be in Ludicrous++ (easter egg where you accept extra wear on components) and you need to use Launch Mode. You also need to buy a VBox style device as no one is going to accept your hand timed results.

Reactions: snorp