Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to me 2018 MX 100D :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was waiting for my Model Y for too long and just to get that delivery date push back further and further so I decided to cancel my reservation and get myself 2018 used Model X 100D with 28k miles with original factory warranty and extra 1 year as a used car. Picking it up in a few days.

I was getting ready for MY delivery in August so was looking into all kind of accessories for it, but since I switched to MX, what accessories are must for Model X?
What floor mats are the best? Any specific accessories I need? Already got adapter bundle from Tesla and my leftover abstractocean LED lights from my previous Model S 85.

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 1.22.31 AM.png

Reactions: d4vid
These may be some of the same things you had in your S, but I bought a Tesla frunk mat and trunk mat, a storage bin for the “sub trunk”, a Tesla sunshade for the windshield/roof (some Xs have this as standard equipment - mine didn’t), performance pedals, wireless phone dock, cubby tray (for underneath the screen), a tray for inside the console, and I use 3D Maxpider mats.

The Tesla mats are made by WeatherTech. I like them, and have them in the entire car. The only potential downside is if you drive barefoot, which I often do. The pattern under the accelerator is off-center so you end up resting your foot on a ridge.

These may be some of the same things you had in your S, but I bought a Tesla frunk mat and trunk mat, a storage bin for the “sub trunk”, a Tesla sunshade for the windshield/roof (some Xs have this as standard equipment - mine didn’t), performance pedals, wireless phone dock, cubby tray (for underneath the screen), a tray for inside the console, and I use 3D Maxpider mats.
If you don't mind me asking:
- Which storage bins and trays did you go with?
- Which wireless phone dock?
- And, for the life of me, I can't find a Tesla branded windshield sunshade anywhere (even on the Tesla shop). Did they make one from the model X?

Which wireless phone dock?
- And, for the life of me, I can't find a Tesla branded windshield sunshade anywhere (even on the Tesla shop). Did they make one from the model X?
I went with the Tesla wireless phone dock. A bit old fashioned and can only do one phone at a time, but I didn’t want to take up console space.

And regarding a windshield sunshade, the responses you are getting are regarding a mesh shade that can be placed in the upper part of the windshield, above the visors and rear view mirror. It’s a bit awkward, but I do use it on long trip segments when I’m directly facing the sun. It cuts the heat, but not the light. And yes, it is Tesla OEM.

Or were you referring to a sunshade you place in the front window when you park? No, I don’t think Tesla offers that. I bought one on Amazon that works well, although it only goes up to the visors.

Reactions: jackrabbitpun