TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New to Me 85D

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SharkDoc, Jul 7, 2017.

1. SharkDoc

SharkDoc Member

Took delivery about 2 weeks ago of my first Tesla after a 5 week period that seemed like forever, don't know how you guys with new orders or the 3 can wait so long! Loving every minute of driving this thing, coming back to a sports car after 5 years of driving a Jeep Wrangler is taking a little adjustment but man I missed it and the acceleration is amazing. My kid now takes his hands off his power wheels jeep saying look my electric car drives itself like daddy's! Now if only I could convince someone to take my referral so I can get him his own mini Tesla :D

I lurked for quite a while during my search so thanks for all the information! Glad to join the group. I'm near Ft. Myers, FL where there appears to be quite a glut of Tesla's between here and Naples. They really need a closer service center!

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
  2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Wow, I'll say that's extreme!

Welcome and congrats!

I'm a big fan of buying used Teslas. You know exactly what you're getting, for much less than a new one, and it's not going to be obsoleted in two weeks when Tesla announces the new next best thing. ;)

3. Jdcorbitt3

Jdcorbitt3 Member

Put a link to your referral code in your signature. You might be surprised.

John

4. SharkDoc

SharkDoc Member

Ha, yeah big switch, especially considering it was lifted with 35" tires. Figure as an Environmental Science professor though I should probably pick something a little less gas guzzling!

Yeah I looked at buying a new 60 or 70 but realized I could get more for my money with the CPO, figure by the time I'm ready for a new one full self driving and such will be standard, I'll let people over the next 5 years be the test dummies there!

• Like x 2