Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to me Jet Black 1.5 Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where its not dusty, it's pretty shiny - gets waxed tomorrow..

I can't find it just now, but there have been several notes about the "care and feeding" of the Roadster's paint. Basically, it is rather soft, and acquires swirls, scratches, and such rather easily compared to most modern cars. Wash using the "two bucket method", and be careful with how you wax (no circular strokes). Also suggestions on specific products...

Good reading for new owners, if you can find it!.... anybody have the reference?

Looking at the pictures, it appears Msjulie's roadster has the "aftermarket" upgraded slotted brake rotors instead of the stock perforated ones.

Msjulie - I think you got a nice little upgrade there you may not have known about.

Reactions: wiztecy
For what it's worth, the Tesla/J1772 "snake" adapter was made using the corded design to reduce leverage placed on the charge port. The charge port is bonded to the carbon fiber panel, so the CAN adapter is an extension, which could act as a lever if you were to say, accidentally bump it while locked into the charge port.

I have the official Tesla J1772 corded adapter and the CAN Roadster to Model S adapter from Mr. Sharp. The J1772 works great but I rarely use it since I always charge at home. While away from home, the proliferation of Destination Charging locations for Model S/X has made Mr. Sharp's CAN enormously useful for Roadster,

Reactions: AtAge19