Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to Tesla, considering Model 3 purchase, concern about possible insurance increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very new to this I don't have a Tesla yet but I plan on getting one soon , probably after winter. How would you rate the model 3 dual motor extended range all wheel drive?
My insurance agent said the price would go up by $17 a month. Does that sound about right?

Rate it? Can’t really go wrong...

Insurance varies significantly company to company and situation to situation. Some have seen their insurance go up after an initial lower term, presumably due to the fact these cars have taken longer to repair due to parts availability. Some are hardly paying more than their previous ho-hum ICE while others have seen huge increases. $17/mo more sounds just fine!

Welcome to the community! Don’t test drive one soon or you won’t be able to wait as long as you’re planning.

Rate it? Can’t really go wrong...

Insurance varies significantly company to company and situation to situation. Some have seen their insurance go up after an initial lower term, presumably due to the fact these cars have taken longer to repair due to parts availability. Some are hardly paying more than their previous ho-hum ICE while others have seen huge increases. $17/mo more sounds just fine!

Welcome to the community! Don’t test drive one soon or you won’t be able to wait as long as you’re planning.

Very new to this I don't have a Tesla yet but I plan on getting one soon , probably after winter. How would you rate the model 3 dual motor extended range all wheel drive?
My insurance agent said the price would go up by $17 a month. Does that sound about right?
I have had my car for 2 weeks now. The increase of 17 dollars a month isn’t bad. Remember the rate takes into consideration cost of replacement, cost of repairs if in an accident. In my case my insurance went up 18 dollars a month.. if I had replaced my !7 Genesis G80 with another G80 insurance would have been 20 something more a month.

How much is your current car worth? That's the only way that you can compare insurance costs. For many people, they've come from $20-$30k cars and jumping to $50k is a big increase and $17 is a deal.

I had geico for the past 2 yrs and started at 80/m for 1.5 yr then the most recent 6 Mos quotes came back as 136/m. Dropped them to go w tsla insurance since it's 144/m for better coverage. Everywhere else was more expensive. So rather have a insurance that will allow to use SC for repairs. I heard geico u have to pay out of pocket first. Coverage is 100/300, 100k, 1k collision and 500 comprehensive. So cal area

I replaced a 2008 Infiniti G35 with my Model 3. Same full coverage on both. Insurance went up about 30%. Liability was lower but collision and comprehensive were much higher, suggesting that the Model 3 is safer but more expensive to repair.