Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up a used 2013 Model S P85. I am new to the brand, coming from BMW and have no idea about the features and the car itself. Is there a crash course in all the features that I should know about? Does every performance model come with the red brake calipers? Would you guys recommend extending warranty on the car? If so, what are some good companies? Thanks

First off, congrats & welcome!! You can look up Tesla how-to videos and there is also an online manual. Yes, All performance models have Red Brake Calipers. As far as an extended warranty I'd say yes (but this is just me I purchase extended warranties on ALL my cars for that extra peace of mind) where to get it from? I have no idea I got my extended warranties straight from Tesla. If you purchased from Tesla (I think) you should be able to get an extended warranty through them. If you purchased from a third party sadly you can't get the extended warranty from Tesla. Hope this helps.

There are companies out there that have extended warranties so maybe you could check those out.

First off, congrats & welcome!! You can look up Tesla how-to videos and there is also an online manual. Yes, All performance models have Red Brake Calipers. As far as an extended warranty I'd say yes (but this is just me I purchase extended warranties on ALL my cars for that extra peace of mind) where to get it from? I have no idea I got my extended warranties straight from Tesla. If you purchased from Tesla (I think) you should be able to get an extended warranty through them. If you purchased from a third party sadly you can't get the extended warranty from Tesla. Hope this helps.

There are companies out there that have extended warranties so maybe you could check those out.

The car has those funky looking range extending wheels that do not show off the brakes so I can't tell, plus i dont have the car here yet.
I will do some research on third party warranties. The battery warranty extends to 2021 so I have some time there. The car has 60k miles on it. Thanks for the info.