Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New to the Club! in Socal / IE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone. I am a Tesla M3 owner and enthusiast. I'm Located in Chino, Ca. I own a customizing and tint shop in Chino and we specialize in Tesla cars. without to much pitch, I'm here to provide any service such as 3M PPF, Ceramic tint, ceramic pro, wraps, chrome delete, caliper painting, and much more. I am here to provide any technical FYI peps and be able to answer any questions you may have. I would like to get a meet up organized for us M3/S/X owners on Sunday Mornings. DM me if you have an interest or like and follow on IG and FB. I'll set everything up. I look forward to be a positive figure on this forum.

Wow! Thanks. And welcome. We were just there trying to get to the new Yuba City Supercharger but the 30 MPH headwind forced us to pull off in Chico to use your gracious city destination charger. We'll be back when you get your Supercharger. I would love to come for a Sunday gathering, don't make it too early, it's a 3-hour drive both ways. I would consequently probably not be a regular.

I already had Opti-Coat Pro installed on day two. I sprayed the front and the back with 3M film to protect the paint. Sadly that hasn't been so good. Probably why they don't sell it anymore. After my first real road trip, I lost the front film when the bugs were scrubbed off. I am about to take off the rear now that I am no longer driving thru winter storms. I also have a $300 custom wrap on the doors to suggest a '57 Vette. Trying to make my car a little unique.

I may still have questions for a professional like you. It might be worth having my front end re-filmed as I have a couple of chips already. Not sure if the reason I lost the spray film was the ceramic paint protector I put it on top of, and what I could then do to put film on the front.

-Randy

Reactions: SoCal Tint Shop
Wow! Thanks. And welcome. We were just there trying to get to the new Yuba City Supercharger but the 30 MPH headwind forced us to pull off in Chico to use your gracious city destination charger. We'll be back when you get your Supercharger. I would love to come for a Sunday gathering, don't make it too early, it's a 3-hour drive both ways. I would consequently probably not be a regular.

I already had Opti-Coat Pro installed on day two. I sprayed the front and the back with 3M film to protect the paint. Sadly that hasn't been so good. Probably why they don't sell it anymore. After my first real road trip, I lost the front film when the bugs were scrubbed off. I am about to take off the rear now that I am no longer driving thru winter storms. I also have a $300 custom wrap on the doors to suggest a '57 Vette. Trying to make my car a little unique.

I may still have questions for a professional like you. It might be worth having my front end re-filmed as I have a couple of chips already. Not sure if the reason I lost the spray film was the ceramic paint protector I put it on top of, and what I could then do to put film on the front.

-Randy
Nope, wrong City. Op is in Chino, CA.

Reactions: SoCal Tint Shop

-Randy
Hi Randy. Yeah! I'm trying for a SuperCharger in our city as well. We need one with as many Tesla's we have here. That spray film was a slap in the face of installers like us and shop owners. Most consumers realized the amount of work that goes into just the prep time toget ready for spraying. It was always a low-cost temp experiment for 3M but they took a lot of heat for it.
If you coated the car first, yes it can happen as a consumer that came in here for a fix blew half his bumper film off from another shop.
Look for a good shop in your area, get prep work done like paint correction first and filler for the chips and then wrap it. It will be worth it in the long run and resale value.