Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to the forum - have i ordered to right car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I did it! Years after seeing my first Model S at a Supercar Event at Celebration, Florida, I have confirmed my order, and my new Tesla should be available for me to collect from the Birmingham, England, location late March, early April.
For the last 2 plus years we have been very happy Nissan Leaf owners but its range limitations made it the local runabout and we relied on our Chrysler Voyager for long distance touring.
We no longer need a minivan so the Voyager goes to be replaced it with a Model S. I wanted a long range tourer and this spec I have ordered.
My question to fellow members is simple. Is this the right spec, or have I missed anything really obvious that I should have included
Model S 90D
All Wheel Drive
Range Upgrade
Pearl White Paint
Panoramic Roof

21” Wheels
Next Generation Seats
Supercharger Enabled
Autopilot Convenience Features
Premium Lighting
Air Suspension
Thanks in advance for your comments – all contributions gratefully received

Well I did it! Years after seeing my first Model S at a Supercar Event at Celebration, Florida, I have confirmed my order, and my new Tesla should be available for me to collect from the Birmingham, England, location late March, early April.
For the last 2 plus years we have been very happy Nissan Leaf owners but its range limitations made it the local runabout and we relied on our Chrysler Voyager for long distance touring.
We no longer need a minivan so the Voyager goes to be replaced it with a Model S. I wanted a long range tourer and this spec I have ordered.
My question to fellow members is simple. Is this the right spec, or have I missed anything really obvious that I should have included
Model S 90D
All Wheel Drive
Range Upgrade
Pearl White Paint
Panoramic Roof

21” Wheels
Next Generation Seats
Supercharger Enabled
Premium Lighting
Air Suspension

Looks like a beauty to me -- and welcome to the forum.

My only suggestion is that if you will be having kids in the back seats (the ones who I assume were in the minivan) you may want to add the cold weather package just for the rear heated seats. My kids always ask for them to be turned on, even when it's not that cold out (on the mild west coast of Canada - which may not be too different from your climate in the UK) and it's much better just to heat their seats than the whole car, especially when going on trips. Plus, it allows me to stay cool (which I like) and my wife and kids to stay warmer.

If you want a bit more range and utility you may consider the lower cost 19" wheels and tires. Also, it may or may not matter to you but wear and replacement therapy costs are greatly increased with the 21s. They sure do look nice though, especially on the lowest suspension setting.

Thank you for your reply. Sadly our children, and our grandchildren have moved from the UK to Leipzig, so the back seats will not be seing much use at all. However, although Leipzig is 650 miles from home the Supercharger situation seems favorable and we are already looking forward to our first long Tesla trip.
I see from your profile you too are a Leaf owner, and I thought we would be pretty unique in becoming an all electric family!
Again, thank you for your reply

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for your reply. Yes! I admit it, I had no intention of ordering a car with 21" wheels, but then I saw one. All common sense evaporated because it looked sensational.
I am however, thinking of trying to locate a set of aftermarket 19" wheels, have winter tyres fitted and swap them between November and March.

Model S 90D
All Wheel Drive
Range Upgrade
Pearl White Paint
Panoramic Roof

21” Wheels
Next Generation Seats
Supercharger Enabled
Premium Lighting
Air Suspension

if you lookinh for a yes answer you come to the right place. guess thats why you are here.

if you are lookinh for a no answer you come to the wrong place.

If you want a bit more range and utility you may consider the lower cost 19" wheels and tires. Also, it may or may not matter to you but wear and replacement therapy costs are greatly increased with the 21s. They sure do look nice though, especially on the lowest suspension setting.

Ooh, I like 'replacement therapy costs'. Good one,.. :biggrin:

To the OP: your plan to put it on 19" winter tires during cold weather is a good one. Be sure those are LRR tires for best range.

You're going to hear a ton of recommendations to go with 19" wheels. They're right. But I love the 21" wheels on our car.

I recommend the upgraded sound system. It give you a bit more bass and fills in the sound nicely compared to the tinny default system. Many will say that you can buy better aftermarket for less, but there is value in factory install instead of letting some kid at the local hi-fi shop tear your new car apart and cut wires to splice in an aftermarket set.

Otherwise, looks like a great config!

The sound system, cold weather package, and 19" wheels are the items you're missing. 21" add questionable looks, lower range, and a lot of extra cost for no real gain (any performance gain is all in the tires).

First, it looks like you covered more than enough bases for an excellent Model S. Enjoy the experience!

I do agree with another post made, regarding the 21" tires. They look good, however at a price. The ride with 21's is harder than that of the 19's. The wear factor also is not as good as with the 19's. Just a recommendation.

Again, enjoy!

If you are looking for range, have to agree with the 19" wheels, I didn't see where you added dual chargers either.

First, it looks like you covered more than enough bases for an excellent Model S. Enjoy the experience!

I do agree with another post made, regarding the 21" tires. They look good, however at a price. The ride with 21's is harder than that of the 19's. The wear factor also is not as good as with the 19's. Just a recommendation.

Again, enjoy!

I don't agree with the wear factor of the 21" tires. My 2013 car is at 74,000 km (46,000 miles) and I've been using the 21 inch summer tires delivered with the car and 21 inch Pirelli Sottozero winter tires I bought myself. The summer tires have about 50,000 km on them now and have worn from 8 mm to 5,8 mm, the winter tires have about 24,000 km on them and have worn from 8 mm to 6,8 mm. I drive a lot on highways, which doesn't wear our the tires as much. But I step on it every time I can! At every traffic light, at every possibility to accelerate! The secret: take turns gently. The tires wear most in cornering. And do not use the lowest setting in adaptive suspension (if available), as the rear tires will wear out more in the inside.

With this set of 21 inch summer and 21 inch winter tires I expect to be reaching 150,000-160,000 km (94,000-100,000 miles) before I need to replace them, which for me is over 4 years of driving.

For me - but that is personal taste - the car with 21 inch tires is 1,5 times the car when it has 19 inch tires. It looks so much more spectacular.

In England, I suspect the Cold Weather Package would be a great option in your damp environment.

19" vs 20" vs 21" wheels is a topic that is quite like debating religion and politics.

My advice on that topic is to get the less expensive 19" wheels which are standard and then with the savings buy the Cold Weather Package and higher end sound system.

Then over time you can get yourself a set of 20" wheels and tires. The 20" will nearly provide the looks and handling of the 21" with a somewhat lesser damage factor and perhaps less expensive tire choices.

Have fun... and enjoy the ride.