Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to TMC, Took delivery of my MX 100D Friday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey TMC,

Took delivery of my MX100D Friday,(LOVE THE CAR) its white color with black Seat seater configuration. After the first 100 miles I've ran in to multiple issues. First, my 3rd row passenger seat got stuck in the downward position and would not unlatch. When opening the driver side door my window trim began to tear, oh ! and how can i forget this last one, my driver side window would close half way then automatically go right back down. LOL took me about 45 minutes to close my window. It has happened twice already. I've owned it less then one week but, i must hand it to Tesla. Their service center in Brooklyn, NY was incredible, I came without any appointment or notice, Tech came outside to look at the car and immediately told me to pull into the service center. Everyone @ the Brooklyn location service center was attentive, repaired everything on the spot and got me out of there in less then an hour and half. Not bad at all! the entire hour and a half i spent drinking coffee and learning cool tricks about my model X from the staff, some of them really know their stuff.
IMG_2591.jpg
IMG_2588.jpg
IMG_2589.jpg
IMG_2590.jpg
IMG_2735.jpg
IMG_2736.jpg

Welcome to the X owners group. After almost three years of ownership, we love the car even more than when we first got it. Sorry to hear about your new car issues but glad to hear Tesla service fixed it all for you. They are fantastic.

Let’s hope not, but in the case that you do I hope you had the same experience at the centers as I did

Only issue was paint blemishes which they made a note of. Tesla really needs to find a way to not damage the cars in transport.

I didn't spend much time on the car, was only there for 45 minutes to do the entire process. I'll spend some time when I am home and the next couple days.

This is what I saw on the Tesla career page for the Service Advisor job under Responsibilities, which is amazing!
  • Return missed phone calls, email in no less than 5 minutes.
Trust this is monitored by the managers.

That was produced in December 2018 and first registered in Jan 2019. I took delivery this May the 2nd.

Apparently the gap is a common problem as per the body shop guy. Also the right tail light seems to be getting fogged from inside. Would also get it replaced.

How long does it take for them to repair it? Will Tesla provide a loaner vehicle while your car is in shop? Is it something that can be done via mobile service team?

How long does it take for them to repair it? Will Tesla provide a loaner vehicle while your car is in shop? Is it something that can be done via mobile service team?

Tesla will repair it for free but says it may not be fully fixed ( there may still be more than 5mm gap). I will need to leave the car at Tesla approved bodyshop for 2-3 days. They will add a paint layer on the right hand side and lower the latch hook to get 3-4 mm of margin. Sadly they only have ICE loaner car so I will use my BMW X1 instead.