Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tow hitch cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a mobile service coming up (I'm finally getting around to getting the couple delivery issues fixed after almost a year) and so I threw in a cover plate. I have an 8/2020 build so I'll see if the covers look the same. Or feel the same. Even if newer builds are easier, it could be some change in the bumper piece itself and not the cover.

I'm probably gong to try this mod with the old cover.
Have you picked up your new cover? Just wondering your thoughts on any differences with the new part.
Taking my Y in for service tomorrow and will pickup the part if it’s any better.

So I went to my local service center today for an issue and asked about part 1494009-00-C. They didn’t have that number in their system but did have 1494009-00-A (in stock) and 1494009-00-B (not in stock).

Haven’t seen mention of 1494009-00-B hmm

So I went to my local service center today for an issue and asked about part 1494009-00-C. They didn’t have that number in their system but did have 1494009-00-A (in stock) and 1494009-00-B (not in stock).

Haven’t seen mention of 1494009-00-B hmm
Got one yesterday at my mobile service. Was still the -A part. And it was $25+tax. Either mobile service charges more or the price has gone up.