Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tow hitch cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made something for this exact problem! I hate the original hitch cover, but this pop out mount adapter should help. The base is held in by magnets, the cover pops out to give something to grab onto, then pull out the entire part. It uses the original hitch cover with the clips removed, so the fit is perfect. What do you guys think?

Video link- Pop out hitch cover
This is brilliant! I want to do this for my MY and my Infiniti QX80! (Has the same hitch cover problem)
How did you mount the magnets?

I made something for this exact problem! I hate the original hitch cover, but this pop out mount adapter should help. The base is held in by magnets, the cover pops out to give something to grab onto, then pull out the entire part. It uses the original hitch cover with the clips removed, so the fit is perfect. What do you guys think?

We need a how-to video!

Reactions: Tiff_619

seem cruel to post without directions or parts list :)

I def want to get (make) this or similar

Reactions: Langzaiguy

Great solution. Can't wait to see the "How to" instructions..... 😗

Reactions: MY_Boy_Blue
Same bumper for all since the hitch can be ordered post delivery as an accessory
Confirmed (at least it is on my Aug build Y)

Attachments

• A2A500EC-C29E-4965-A242-A8356600F4E9.jpeg
    A2A500EC-C29E-4965-A242-A8356600F4E9.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 134

Where’s the sign up list?

Are you guys talking about these 'tow hitch cover pry tools' like what LivingTesla sells?

I guess I could use my interior panel plastic pry tools that I have instead since those are very thin and can fit in there, but just wondering if these 'pry tools' are a complete waste of money.

featured_preview_IMG_8672.jpeg
I ordered them and had to use a small screwdriver instead. They are too thick to fit in the gap. I did use them in conjunction with the screwdriver, but i could have just used a second screwdriver. I wouldn't waste the money.

That's the one I have. I ordered their Snap Plate and a couple of the tools. It's not a complete waste of money, as I originally said in my post.... But it only inserts at one spot initially, the top center like in the pic you have there, and the panel gets quite 'bendy'. If the tool was just a hair thinner, it might fit easier, but then might not be as strong so....
Mine never fit. Too thick. Waste of $