Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New TSportLine Tires/Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a PMY on order with an EDD of 27 July to 31 Aug. Moving from a 2020 LR AWD Y, I have decided to avoid all the drama of trying to live with the 21" Uberturbine tires/wheels here in Illinois aka Land of Pothole's so I opted to replace them with a smaller tire/wheel package from TSpotLine. Initially, I was looking at the 19" squared package but then they started offering an 18" package. After doing weeks of research I decided for my needs the 18s made more sense. So with their Memorial Day sale about to end, I pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered them. This is what I ordered for my MSM PMY:
yk0kaev.png

These are their wheels that are similar in appearance to the first version 21" factory Turbine wheel on a Model S.

Details:
  • 4x 18x8.5" Wheels
  • 4x 245/50-18 Tires
  • 4x T Sportline Wheel Center Caps
  • 4x Tesla Factory Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor (TPMS)
  • No additional hardware is required. Use your factory lug nuts!
Specifications (Fits All Tesla Model Y Variants)
  • Size: 18x8.5"
  • Offset: +35
  • Bolt Pattern (PCD): 5x114.3
  • Center Bore: 64.1
  • Construction: Flow Forged
  • Weight: 23.6 lbs
  • Load Rating: 750 kg/1,653 lbs
  • Tire Size: 245/50-18
  • Colors: Brilliant Silver, Space Gray, Gloss Black, and Satin Black.
  • Tires (subject to availability): Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season 4
Key benefit for me:
The 4.8" tall sidewall also reduces the likelihood of 'curbing' your wheels, as commonly occurs on lower-profile / larger diameter setups.

I'm told I should recover some of the range delta from the 330 mile LR AWD Y and at almost 16 pounds lighter than the 21s who knows maybe performance will be better.

I couldn't pass up their Memorial Day Sale, and I already have FedEx tracking numbers. While they wait for my PMY to arrive I will practice applying Ceramic Coating on them.

I will conduct BEFORE and AFTER range and performance tests once I get my car.

Cheers

Reactions: Jtheorry
I wonder why they did 245/50/18, that is slightly smaller than the stock diameter... I ordered my tires separate and got a set of 255/55/18's (slightly larger than stock diameter) since the speedometer is high by 2 mph compared to GPS. The slightly larger diameter will correct this issue, so when my GPS says 80 mph, my speedo will also show 80 mph... very useful when traveling in Texas and you want to use AP and don't want to be going under the speed limit by 2 mph.

Keith

I wonder why they did 245/50/18, that is slightly smaller than the stock diameter... I ordered my tires separate and got a set of 255/55/18's (slightly larger than stock diameter) since the speedometer is high by 2 mph compared to GPS. The slightly larger diameter will correct this issue, so when my GPS says 80 mph, my speedo will also show 80 mph... very useful when traveling in Texas and you want to use AP and don't want to be going under the speed limit by 2 mph.

Keith
Keith is that a known thing that the Model Y with stock tires is off by 2 mph on the speedo?

Keith is that a known thing that the Model Y with stock tires is off by 2 mph on the speedo?

I am not sure if it is a "known thing" but it is the case with my car, verified with two different GPS systems.

My tires are the same size as the "off road" tires from Tsportline, but mine are Max Performance Summer tires, not the All Terrain tires from Tsportline.

Keith

It’s been know for years, just watch ANY of Bjorn’s YouTube videos, or Kyle from OutOfSpec Motoring. I use a GPS app on my phone that verifies the error. It’s a Tesla thing.

I watch Kyle all the time, but any Tesla he personally owns is likely to have aftermarket wheels and I don't know what size tires he is running. Thanks for the confirmation from Bjorn, he runs stock wheels and tires as far as I can tell.

Keith

PS: Makes sense that this would be a Tesla thing... when the car is actually going slower than you think it is more efficient than it would be if it was really going the speed that it says it is... does EPA testing rely on the cars speedo to judge speed when doing range testing on EV's?

I have a PMY on order with an EDD of 27 July to 31 Aug. Moving from a 2020 LR AWD Y, I have decided to avoid all the drama of trying to live with the 21" Uberturbine tires/wheels here in Illinois aka Land of Pothole's so I opted to replace them with a smaller tire/wheel package from TSpotLine. Initially, I was looking at the 19" squared package but then they started offering an 18" package. After doing weeks of research I decided for my needs the 18s made more sense. So with their Memorial Day sale about to end, I pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered them. This is what I ordered for my MSM PMY:
yk0kaev.png

These are their wheels that are similar in appearance to the first version 21" factory Turbine wheel on a Model S.

Details:
  • 4x 18x8.5" Wheels
  • 4x 245/50-18 Tires
  • 4x T Sportline Wheel Center Caps
  • 4x Tesla Factory Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor (TPMS)
  • No additional hardware is required. Use your factory lug nuts!
Specifications (Fits All Tesla Model Y Variants)
  • Size: 18x8.5"
  • Offset: +35
  • Bolt Pattern (PCD): 5x114.3
  • Center Bore: 64.1
  • Construction: Flow Forged
  • Weight: 23.6 lbs
  • Load Rating: 750 kg/1,653 lbs
  • Tire Size: 245/50-18
  • Colors: Brilliant Silver, Space Gray, Gloss Black, and Satin Black.
  • Tires (subject to availability): Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season 4
Key benefit for me:
The 4.8" tall sidewall also reduces the likelihood of 'curbing' your wheels, as commonly occurs on lower-profile / larger diameter setups.

I'm told I should recover some of the range delta from the 330 mile LR AWD Y and at almost 16 pounds lighter than the 21s who knows maybe performance will be better.

I couldn't pass up their Memorial Day Sale, and I already have FedEx tracking numbers. While they wait for my PMY to arrive I will practice applying Ceramic Coating on them.

I will conduct BEFORE and AFTER range and performance tests once I get my car.

Cheers
Good preparation and strategy! I’m contemplating the idea so keep us abreast on the ride quality and range.

Reactions: jstepy