Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tyres make a difference

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A quick message on my new tyres.
After 45014km I have replaced the original tyres with the same Pilot 4 Sports.
$485 each, gasp, but what a difference.
Very smooth ride, less, much less, noise, steering better. I know the car would have been like this when I picked it up but....
I do wonder if the new tyres are a bit different. All at 42psi.

Cheers

Interesting info from Bob Jane shop today.
I went in for small puncture repair and they observed I’ll need new tyres in next couple of months. So they did a quote for same as OEM (pilot sport 4, 235/45ZR18) at $450 each.
I’ve had a look at prices and pointed out to them that they currently sell a PS5 245 etc for approx $260 and they said that I should only use the “Tesla rated tyre” otherwise I’ll void my Tesla warranty.
Anyone heard of that before?

• Funny
Reactions: mike_j
I went in for small puncture repair and they observed I’ll need new tyres in next couple of months. So they did a quote for same as OEM (pilot sport 4, 235/45ZR18) at $450 each.
I’ve had a look at prices and pointed out to them that they currently sell a PS5 245 etc for approx $260 and they said that I should only use the “Tesla rated tyre” otherwise I’ll void my Tesla warranty.
The OEM PS4 tyre will have acoustic foam in it, whereas the non OEM variant and presumably the the PS5 does not.

Sounds like that particular bob jane look after tesla. The warranty would have to specifically state that the warranty is voided if tyres, alignment, or brakes are checked or replaced elsewhere. Of course it wouldn’t say that as its anti competative so not legal.
They may however be referring to the quality or load rating of the tyre. Won’t void your warranty but may blowout if the correct tyre type is not used

• Informative
Reactions: Hungry Mile
What tyres are new Model 3's coming from out of the factory - SR or Performance?
RWD loses the Michelin PS4 for Hankook Kinergy GT

Not sure if the performance still has Pirellis