Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Uberturbine wheels coming to Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The big question in my mind is if there are left and right versions. It bugs me that the current aero wheels don't.
Always been a pet peeve of mine. Most turbine type wheels are asymmetrical with the passenger side "WRONG WAY" since it is a lot cheeper to one wheel style for all four. Here is my previous Cadillac ELR and always bugged me.

IMG_4457.jpeg

IMG_4466.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Mr X and dwolvin
I’m loving those new Uberturbines. Very likely that I’ll order a set for the Model Y (greatly prefer the 20” size vs the 21” that comes standard on the MYP). 9” width and 34mm offset are perfect. Win!

I’m loving those new Uberturbines. Very likely that I’ll order a set for the Model Y (greatly prefer the 20” size vs the 21” that comes standard on the MYP). 9” width and 34mm offset are perfect. Win!
You may be interested in these: Tesla Model Y Wheels-20" TSV Flow Forged Tesla Wheel (Set of 4) - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories
Granted they aren't 9" wide but I bet tsportline would make them 9" wide and 34mm offset (BTW, why are we mixing imperial and metric?)

The big question in my mind is if there are left and right versions. It bugs me that the current aero wheels don't.

That bugs me also, will have to wait and see if they did it right but I am betting they did not.
They added the wheel to the EPC and there is only one part number, as I posted previously. They do not offer directional versions of this nor any other wheel.

Reactions: bcpm3p
real question to me is do they perform better aerodynamically than the other 20" rims? Just from a lay standpoint they look like they would.
Yes, the Uberturbines are better aerodynamically, but the difference would be hard to measure. (To test it, you’d need to start with the same tires at a similar tread wear level.).

We should be able to quantify the difference in the wheel efficiency using the road load data in the documents Tesla provides to the EPA. The caveat is that that data will also include any differences due to a tire change. I’m reading that these wheels might come with P Zeros but I have not seen that on the Tesla website to confirm.

Yes, the Uberturbines are better aerodynamically, but the difference would be hard to measure. (To test it, you’d need to start with the same tires at a similar tread wear level.).

We should be able to quantify the difference in the wheel efficiency using the road load data in the documents Tesla provides to the EPA. The caveat is that that data will also include any differences due to a tire change. I’m reading that these wheels might come with P Zeros but I have not seen that on the Tesla website to confirm.

The configurator says P Zeros

The configurator says P Zeros
I believe you but having looked three times now, I can’t find it. Maybe it’s a mobile vs desktop thing. Gotta fire up ye olde mainframe to check.

Edit: Indeed, my 2008 Mac Pro displays the note about P Zero's, which is not visible on the mobile website.

Back to the point, with both new wheels and tires, any changes in the road load data will be impossible to parse and attribute to just the wheel aerodynamics.

Last edited:
That's very interesting about the tires. I was wondering what everyone was talking about, because it still says 4S for me. I'm in Canada, and the Canadian configurator states that it comes with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires (Both the French and English versions of the web site). I tried a whole bunch of other countries, and they're all on Pirellis.

I guess we're special in Canada :)

That's very interesting about the tires. I was wondering what everyone was talking about, because it still says 4S for me. I'm in Canada, and the Canadian configurator states that it comes with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires (Both the French and English versions of the web site). I tried a whole bunch of other countries, and they're all on Pirellis.

I guess we're special in Canada :)
That is very peculiar. It may be that that portion of the website just didn't get updated as an oversight. There's still a bug that keeps the mobile site from seeing the wheel as a portion of the "Show Performance Details" and that note about tires.

On a probably unrelated note, the Uberturbine wheel info that I posted previously has been removed from the EPC. They also removed the entry about to the 19" Stiletto Refresh wheels.

[
That is very peculiar. It may be that that portion of the website just didn't get updated as an oversight. There's still a bug that keeps the mobile site from seeing the wheel as a portion of the "Show Performance Details" and that note about tires.

On a probably unrelated note, the Uberturbine wheel info that I posted previously has been removed from the EPC. They also removed the entry about to the 19" Stiletto Refresh wheels.
@Zoomit — Did you by chance take a screen shot of the page with the 20” Uberturbines? Would love to know the part number but can no longer locate on the site....

Here we go! @Zoomit.

Minding (unknown) Load Rating of these new wheels...I am planning on putting these 20x9.0 square P Model 3 Überturbines on my P Model Y, to replace the staggered 21" Überturbines.

And reload 20 Sportwheels (when/if) I get this refreshed P Model 3.

Any thoughts?

Tires will be:.

P Model Y 255/40R20 Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+
P Model 3 whatever the refreshed 20 tires are.

Picture for attention, current Y set up.

20200904_161403.jpg