Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New ultra lite Camper Falcon-F-27BHK to big?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My local RV shop got in this new line of Campers made for towing with SUV's This one I'm looking at has a dry weight of 4,200 lbs. 27 foot with a side out, It's not not an airstream but it is more aerodynamic than most campers and the price isn't too bad.

That do you guys think? Is this too much to tow around on a 100 mile round trip? looking to take to lakes and mountains during the summer. Most are within 30 miles, but no power on site. would also like to take a goal zero (mini tesla power wall) and look at mounting some solar on the roof.

Falcon Ultralite Travel Trailers - Travel Lite RV Campers
Falcon-F-27BHK

F-27BHK
Exterior Length – 27’4″
Exterior Width – 101”
Exterior Height – 104”
Interior Height – 6’3”
Dry Weight – 4,200 LBS
GVWR – 7,765 LBS
Hitch Weight – 465 LBS
Bed Size – 54″x75″
Dinette Bed Size – 40″68″
Bunk Bed Size – 30″x74″
Refer Size – 5 c.f.
Fresh Tank – 31 GAL
GAL Black/Grey Combo Tank (Bath Sink & Toilet)– 30 GAL
Grey Tank (Kitchen Sink & Shower) – 30 GAL

My local RV shop got in this new line of Campers made for towing with SUV's This one I'm looking at has a dry weight of 4,200 lbs. 27 foot with a side out, It's not not an airstream but it is more aerodynamic than most campers and the price isn't too bad.

That do you guys think? Is this too much to tow around on a 100 mile round trip? looking to take to lakes and mountains during the summer. Most are within 30 miles, but no power on site. would also like to take a goal zero (mini tesla power wall) and look at mounting some solar on the roof.

Falcon-F-27BHK

F-27BHK
Exterior Length – 27’4″
Exterior Width – 101”
Exterior Height – 104”
Interior Height – 6’3”
Dry Weight – 4,200 LBS
GVWR – 7,765 LBS
Hitch Weight – 465 LBS
Bed Size – 54″x75″
Bunk Bed Size – 30″x74″
Refer Size – 5 c.f.
Fresh Tank – 31 GAL

Probably a bit much. Don't forget, dry weight doesn't matter. The GVWR is the number you have to beat. Technically your limit is the weight you are actually pulling. Water weighs 8LB per gallon, so add 250 LB of fresh water, assuming the gray and black are always empty, propane comes in around 6 LB per gallon. Very unlikely this rig will be under 5000 by the time you move in. More likely between 6,000 and 7,000, perhaps more.

If you really like the product, you should look at the 22. The 27 is far too big for the X.

Last edited:
Not sure it would be under 5K fully loaded. People tend to put lots of stuff inside, and after a while their weights tends to creap up.
Dry weight means no propane, water, dishes, bedding, clothing, bicycles, stuff in the storage bins, empty gray and black water tanks.

In addition, you will be pulling up and down mountains.

Think you could make it work, but will be right at the limits.

Falcon-F-27BHK

F-27BHK
Exterior Length – 27’4″
Exterior Width – 101”
Exterior Height – 104”
Interior Height – 6’3”
Dry Weight – 4,200 LBS
GVWR – 7,765 LBS
Hitch Weight – 465 LBS
Bed Size – 54″x75″
Bunk Bed Size – 30″x74″
Refer Size – 5 c.f.
Fresh Tank – 31 GAL

31 gallons of water (8.3 lbs/gal) - 250 lbs
Food, generator, solar cells, luggage, and you are probably overweight.
Use a campground with power, you can charge on site.

Time to look at a smaller model. Also, large trailers without power for air conditioners, especially in the summer, can be a little to lot warm.

You may see if they can rent one.

31 gallons of water (8.3 lbs/gal) - 250 lbs
Food, generator, solar cells, luggage, and you are probably overweight.
Use a campground with power, you can charge on site.

Time to look at a smaller model. Also, large trailers without power for air conditioners, especially in the summer, can be a little to lot warm.

You may see if they can rent one.

Good thinking to see if I could rent one and give it a try.

Good thinking to see if I could rent one and give it a try.
You might want to consider this 21 ft trailer that weighs less than 2,400 lbs empty, has a king size sleeping area and a separate area with a table for 4 that converts to queen size bed, with a full kitchen and bathroom with toilet and shower. Travel trailers (Alto) - F2114 | Safari Condo

The X will have no trouble pulling it.

You might want to consider this 21 ft trailer that weighs less than 2,400 lbs empty, has a king size sleeping area and a separate area with a table for 4 that converts to queen size bed, with a full kitchen and bathroom with toilet and shower. Travel trailers (Alto) - F2114 | Safari Condo

The X will have no trouble pulling it.

It looks really nice, much smaller without a side out and cost twice as much as the 22 foot Travel Light Aura-A-22RK Dry Weight – 2,985 LBS