Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New UMC cable length

Dogwhistle

Sep 8, 2015
Delaware
How long is the new UMC cable in total? Looking to using it at my Dad’s house, want to make sure it is long enough to reach from his dryer plug!
Thanks!

linkster

Apr 22, 2013
USAX2
Dog

I have carried a 50' UMC (I also own a 40 footer as well) for years. It was “stretched” with Mil-spec crimping by @TonyWilliams of quickchargepower.com. This eliminates some of the risks associated with excessive heat buildup at connection points as well as the risk of accidentally pulling too much amperage since many folks use an improperly terminated 14-50 extension cord that often requires manual intervention to set a safe charge rate and that also requires re-checking with every use since many cars in the past have “forgotten” after an update.

Good-luck!

• Informative
Reactions: bredi

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC